What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Spider-Man" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

BarryS

Second Unit
This DVD looked fine to me. I didn't notice any problems with the transfer. But I don't have quite as nice a setup as Ron.

The movie was fun, but a bit of a letdown. I will not be purchasing it.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great review Ron, now if only the R4 CE would follow next I am happy as ever. Been a fan for long time, gotta admit though that I was expecting more.

oh well

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't know what I will be doing. I know this DVD will be selling cheap, but surely a Superbit will be coming along and probably significantly better.

I am sure this is why a lower bit rate was used, as well. It sounds like the video and audio presentation of this DVD is setting up for a Superbit.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
I really would have thought that since you visited them you would have heard about a SuperBit. I am not going to buy this and I think we should ban buying this and rent at BBV. That way their hurt sales will move them to inform us of the upcoming release. Why be forthcoming on info about Panic Room and clam up about this. I am greatly disappointed at Columbia. I will not be buying this crap.

Who Am I Kidding?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Ron,

Dumb question here. When you say original theatrical
trailer, is that the one with the World Trade Center in the end.

Joe

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I beleive its the third trailer released a month before the movie was out.. teh short one minute preview.. not the teaser or the preview from lord of the rings.

JACOB

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Dang, im kinda dissapointed in the lack of dynamic sound in the surrounds. This film DESERVES to have an awesome rear surround track, imean he's flying everyhwere.. too bad...
Here's hoping this might get superbitted at least to fix the less-than-top-notch video. I expected this DVD to be the next refrerence DVD, and was gonna purchase it. Now i might wait awhile to see if theres any news of another edition, maybe superbit? ;)
Great review yet again ron!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Thanks for the review once again Ron. I am really looking forward to this although I am sorry to hear about the extras all being 4x3 (oh well). I may be able to get this tomorrow so it will be in my player by then. Nice pictures by the way.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
In my bedroom, for YEARS now I have had my Spiderman phone...and until I was 25 I had a subscription to the comic. Suffice to say....this flick got me outta The ScootPlex2000 and into a ...shudder...theater.

Obviously this disc is coming home! Thanks Ron for the sneak peek here!

P.S. Dunno how many of you saw the Spiderman 9/11 issue/story...but in that medium...remarkably touching!

'nuff said!

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
I'm getting this one through Blockbuster via their "Superman Rental Card" for $29.99 --- so basically it's "free" with 10 rentals.

So if there's a Superbit later, I won't be kicking myself so hard.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
There is indeed a Gift Set for Spidey :) .......

Gift Set includes:
Spider-Man widescreen 2-disc DVD
Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels DVD
Collectible reprint of Amazing Fantasy #15, which introduced the Spider-Man character
Collectible senitype featuring a film cel from the movie personally selected by the director with this comments
Limited edition off-set lithograph reproduction by John Romita Sr. and John Romita Jr. (Spider-Man artists)

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
WOW! Great review Ron, as usual. I will be picking this up and watching it over and over and over, at least until LOTR:EE and Clones get released!

Off topic a bit, did the 73 Olds. Delta appear in Rami's "The Quick and the Dead", and if so what scene?

Thanx in advance.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Traded in two really rotten DVD's at EB and I get Spiderman Free, so I won't mind if I have to buy a Superbit at some later point.

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
Same here, traded in a couple DVDs that came with my player... plus the GF would have forced me to buy it anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks