What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Shattered Glass (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
Wow...crazy! I must have skipped that part of the review! Now I'm even MORE excited! Should be here soon from Columbia House.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Michael, are you sure there is a trailer on the disc?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just watched this rental and do not recall seeing a trailer listed under the special features-just the 60 minutes interview.

Enjoyed the film very much. Every time I looked at the player's counter more time had elapsed than I realized. A very briskly paced 90 minute film.

Not sure if I'll add it to my collection right now with the $30 list price-maybe when it comes down a bit, especially since I'd rate the transfer as a C- at best by today's standards. Anyone catch this in a theater? It would be interesting to know how it looked theatrically.

I like Hayden a lot, and personally I think the best thing I've seen from him is Life As A House, although I like him as Anakin too (hoping he does "sinister" well in EIII). Sometimes he seems a little off, but I think it's because he has sort of a unique way of speaking. Just makes it sound like he's thinking too much about what he's saying sometimes IMO.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I caught it in the theater...but i don't think it was best to judge it by that presentation. Although it was an actual screen and had surround sound speakers on the walls, it was about 3x the size of my living room (and I live in an apartment). The smallest I had ever been in. And for that 90 minutes I COMPLETELY didn't care. :) It was the only place left showing the movie in NYC. And for some reason now it's being re-released tomorrow.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

On the main menu, click on the Lions Gate logo. For some reason that's where they put the trailers.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad Michael Kelly died about a year ago and wasn't able to participate. his insights would have been very valuable here.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

Trust me Ron, it's worth every penny, especially if you're interested in the subject matter. Very well done and engrossing film.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finally got around to seeing this last night. Wow! Terrific film and very well acted:

Agreed. Actually everyone in the film works. One of the best of 2003 for sure.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this tonight...what a fantastic film! I have not listened to the commentary track, but the addition of the 60 Minutes piece was awesome. I was completely engrossed in this film. I wish that there had been more special features though. I think tomorrow I am gonna hit the library and read some old issues of the New Republic magazine!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks