What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Secret Window (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Seriously?

I rented the video last weekend (first movie I've actually rented in almost 2 years since collecting DVD's) and thought it was absolutely horrible and senseless...

DVD quality aside, the movie was just a bad rip-off of previous Stephen King adaptions - Misery and The Shining - filled with ridiculous inexplicable plotholes and an overly pretentious sense of significance and self intent. It felt like a quick cash-in on Johnny Depp's popularity with no other offerings...

The ending seemed obvious 20 minutes into the opening and the entire time I spent watching the movie I subconsciously hoped that the director would throw something new at us to steer clear of this ever-growing horror movie cliche. No such luck. In the end, this movie made less sense than a David Lynch study minus the innovation and originality. It was trite full of predictable, overdone and obvious inclinations. It just felt like a dumb, pointless movie...

I'd reccommend picking up this DVD instead, which can probably be found in your local bargain bin counter:

It's basically the same idea, only this one doesn't suck.

PS - I will give praise to John Turturro who was the only interesting element of the movie, though a wasted bit of talent here...

Tom Martin

Stunt Coordinator
i just saw it. what a waste of time. the ending was SO damn predictable! can anyone say Fight Club? how bout Dark Half? i haven't read the story, but i feel stephen king has been going way down hill for some time now. this is no exception. i'm giving the movie away to my sister-in-law tomorrow. too bad i can't get my $20 back!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
exactly what I thought as I wasted 2 hours on this nonsense: FIGHT CLUB did it first, and much better

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Aren't the review threads supposed to have spoiler tags? I guess I need to avoid the review threads from now on...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks