What's new

HTF REVIEW: Scrubs - Season 1 - Highly Recommended... (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Zachary - I actually like the packaging a lot. One of the neatest looking sets I've seen.

Can't wait to get to the purple dress episode you mention. :b

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
If you hang outside my apartment door on Tuesday nights, you will hear insane laughter eminating from the room within. That is, before "The Shield" is on. "Scrubs" is one of those shows that the network just doesn't know what to do with. It's very fast in dialog and pop culture references with an excellent cast and great stunt casting.

Obviously the producers of the show love their fans. This is one terrific set. The extras are tremendous. The Best Buy disc is pretty good too.

Looking at IMDB however, I don't see where Bill Lawrence is associated with "Will & Grace" and he apparently wrote just one story for "The Nanny". "Spin City" is must more in the writing feel of this one, although it's cut-ins remind me of "Family Guy". Simply the best comedy on TV right now.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Okay, I just watched "My Sacrificial Clam" where they removed Shawn Mullins' "All in my Head".

I've read in other threads and on web sites that they still talk about the song in the commentary. I wrongly assumed that they'd be talking about why it had to replaced etc.
But instead they talk about how great the song is, how it was specifically written for the show and point out how the lyrics fit the action on-screen (quote: "sugar high")... and the best thing: You can still hear the song in the background!! Sure, there's a lot of talking over it, but you can still cleary make out that it's "All in my Head". Yet on the actual audio track for the episode it's gone.

What the hell is that about???

Chris

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished watching the last of the extras this morning. What a fantastic show -- I am so bummed that the show is not coming back until mid-season next year.

Hopefully strong DVD sales will help convince the network that there is an audience for this show.

On a DVD related note, I loved the commentary with John C. and BIll Lawrence. They're so funny! I was hoping for a commentary on "My Bed Banter and Beyond" because it is one of those shows that just needed to get an emmy nod, but no one understood it.

- cheers, Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks