'Sawed Off' featurette

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006GVKH0
Audio commentary from the film's writer and director
'Bite The Hand That Bleeds' music video by Fear Factory
'Making Of The Music Video' featurette

Well well.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
You won't find a bigger Saw supporter than yours truly. I just loved the thing, warts and all. I've seen the uncut version, so that's the version I'd like to own. Alas, this DVD will suit me fine...for the time being. ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Because you know I'm a self-proclaimed horror whore and when I fall for a particular flick...I fall hard and loud.

On the opposite side of the equation...this week I've been bombarded with Alone in the Dark, Hide and Seek and Boogeyman. Pray for me.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think you may have just coined a new term: "Horror Whore". I like it! :D

Let us know what you think of those other three, particularly Hide and Seek.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
What exactly has been cut out of these films? Can someone please say what specifically has been cut from Saw, Cabin Fever, and Rules of Attraction?

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
"What exactly has been cut out of these films? Can someone please say what specifically has been cut from Saw, Cabin Fever, and Rules of Attraction?"

Saw - Shots cut in the R-rated version, according to director James Wan and screen-writer/actor Leigh Whannell, included ones of Amanda sifting through the intestines, the fat guy struggle through the barb wire just to shorten the scene, and some forensic ones. The color was made more even and the sound was altered because the MPAA had problems with the tone of the original cut shown in Sundance.

Cabin Fever - I don't think any gore got cut, however a scene or two hit the cutting room floor after it got picked up by Lion's Gate. The scene(s) in question involves the main character, Paul, dragging one of the hillbillies down into the basement. Some dialogue later in the movie doesn't make very much sense since this got cut.

Rules of Attraction - I don't know, but apparently 22 seconds got cut. Probably sex related.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Nice review. I just finished watching this and your critique of the movie (NOT Elwes' performance) were right on the money. It definitely lost quite a bit of steam after the opening set-up, and until the "twist" was revealed, I thought I had figured it out. Another idea I toyed with was the killer being the female (forensic investigator, I believe) that was in the scene with the razor-wire death.
Overall, the ending brought it up a notch for me, but if I remember correctly, a sequel is coming....:thumbsdown:

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Hacksaw eh? Not very clever. Interesting how they are going to do this. I am hoping it's good. If Cary is in it, I hope is acting has gotten better.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I "saw" it last night (sorry, bad pun).

Overall I enjoyed it, constantly wondering what would happen next. However, I am definitely of the opposite opinion of most here with regard to the ending.

I don't mean the part when Elwes cut off his foot, or shot the other character. I am referring to the moment the "dead" body came to life and we discover that he is the actual mastermind of it all.

I do not like "twist" endings simply for the sake of twist endings. There were no clues that would ever allow us to believe that the dead body was the mastermind. Could someone really lay perfectly still for that many hours? And I thought he wanted to have a "Front row seat"? How good could he really see what was happening when he can only have his head in one direction (not to mention his eyes probably closed since he was suppose to be dead)?

Personally I thought the ending was not up to par with the rest of the movie.

Trevor H

Second Unit
I got mine at Future Shop here in Canada and it included a bonus disc with special sneak previews of High Tension and Rob Zombie's The Devil's Rejects.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I've got to say that I thought this movie was really, really weak. The initial preview with the girl and the bear trap mouthpiece was truly frightening. Seeing that preview gave me chills and made me want to see it in the theater.. but, having a young baby, I just never got the chance to see it until last night (after she was tucked into bed).

Let me just recap what would have been a much better ending, and something that I expected to have happen from the opening moments of the film.

Elwes character should have been the killer. What better way to get off a suspect list than to blackmail through terror someone into terrorizing and holding your family hostage. When Elwes was completely overacting, all I could think was, sweet he's going to be the bad guy. When he cut off his foot, I thought, sweet he's off the hook. Finally, when his cellmate found the tape player on the fake killer I thought "AWESOME, here's where we complete the story." Then it all went to shit when it ended up being the "dead guy" on the ground. Really, really lame. And where's the gore?! I was expecting this movie to really disturb me, and it didn't. I expected something on the level of Se7en and ended up getting something closer to Taking Lives.

This movie was just really bad.

Doug

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Doug ~ I like the idea ... maybe you should talk to the producers about Hacksaw (saw 2...)

beautiful family btw

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks