What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Running Scared (Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Exactly. For a good portion of the film I was sort of in awe at over the top it was and had trouble really connecting. But it sort of clicked when the wife went on her own "adventure" and the final credits montage drove home what the film is really about.

Very good film but I can see why the studio would have trouble marketing it since the true nature of the film gains some impact by beind disguised at the outset.

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
Received it from Netflix yesterday and watched it last night.Enjoyed it all the way through.Keeping it another day to watch it again tonight.

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome film!

Probably a nightmare for the marketing people.

Some reviewers have taken the film far too seriously. The film is a fairy tale. In the closing credits it states that the film is dedicated to Sam Peckinpah, Walter Hill and Brian De Palma. I'm wondering, should it have been in front of the film? You would get some sort of feeling what to expect. Same goes for the end credit montage. Should there have been something similar in the main credits? Or was there, I don't remember.

Johnnie To's "PTU" also has a missing gun as the McGuffin. Any other movies with simple McGuffins that cause things to spiral out of control, and/or expand to unexpected porportions? M:I-III's McGuffin, the rabbit's foot, is another great one. And, in the end, they don't even reveal what it is.

Edited to add: Pulp Fiction and Ronin also have good ones.

Edited to add: Totally forgot The Towering Inferno. One of the best. The hardened cement blocks the exit. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks