What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: National Treasure (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Had a chance to rent this movie today. I hadn't read any reviews going in, I just know when I saw the preview I kinda shrugged and said "Probably won't be very good, it's a rental." That said, I wish I saw this in the theater. Good movie, hell, I'll even say great movie (from a fun, adventure standpoint, not a Rear Window or Vertigo standpoint).

I had a lot of fun watching this. I'll chime in on the picture quality too -- Running 42in Sony LCD. The picture was soft, pretty poor detail compared to most of the stuff coming out nowadays. I'd like to see a deluxe edition of this with a better picture, I'd consider buying it.

The pacing was solid, I was glad that I hadn't read anything about this, I found the movie was pretty tense in parts -- very effective:

I kept expecting something to happen to the Declaration. Now obviously they can't do anything to it, but it was shot in a way that made me nervous. I kept thinking "Why can't you guys leave it at the house! Quit bringing it with you!" I know they aren't going to burn it up, you know they aren't going to burn it up, but I was tense anyway because of effective pacing and direction. Nice job by the director.

Fun movie. I'll recommend it to friends, and I know my dad will love it.

Doug

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Finally got around to watching this dvd last night. The first 1/4 of the film was pretty soft and murky and riddled with EE for sure. But then as the film wore on, it seemed to improve some. Maybe I got used to it, but I think it did get a little clearer.

The audio was pretty punchy. Good stuff.

I loved the movie, again. Fun, clean, and escapism. I also love Nicholas Cage. He's pretty much great in everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks