What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: National Lampoon's Vacation - 20th Anniversary SE. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. (2 Viewers)

SteveA

Supporting Actor
This disc is nowhere to be found! Best Buy? No. Circuit City? No. Target? No. Wal-Mart? No. WTF? The manager at Best Buy said he had no idea why it never arrived.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
check your borders store. they have been in stock there for weeks already.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
This seems to be a problem lately, older catalog re-releases not being Stocked at B&Ms. I makes me angry as well

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
while i've had a lot of problems previosly with my local BB not stocking catalog titles on release day, they had a boatload of copies of Vacation in new releases when i went in today. and the cute girl at customer service was happy to price match CC, saving me $2.

StevenW

Second Unit
They had about 10 copies at my local Circuit City. I must say Im floored by how great this transfer looks for this movie. I've been used to watching this movie for years with horrible transfers. Bring on X-Mas & Vegas!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, it's interesting that it's not just in my area that it's difficult to find this release.

Ron Reda: Have you heard or seen anywhere else that the release date was pushed back?

So far, I've visited or called four Wal-Marts and a Meijer. No one has any idea about it. It wasn't even on any of their release lists.

I ordered one through Amazon tonight, so we'll see if that gets shipped tomorrow as the confirmation email stated.

I'm worried it's going to be the same situation when Vegas and Christmas street. I may just pre-order them online. I hate to do that though, since it's much easier to hit the Super Wal-Mart on my way into work.

This is the first time I've had such trouble.

Interestingly, I visited Wal-Mart.com and found that they list the new Christmas 20th Ann. Special Edition as an upcoming release but don't have the 20th Ann Original Vacation listed on their website (nor do they show Vegas) for sale.

This keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.... ;)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Despite it being in both BB and CC flyers, my local Best Buy had 70 in stock (at least in the computer, they were never received) and CC had them on their cart (not on display).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
in delaware county pa just south of philly. there are plenty of them.
all the borders have had them for 3 weeks already before today.

the best buys and CC in north wilmington had as many as you could want.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Maybe the delay is blackout related?"

Stores should have received stock before the blackout.

Besides, this is not the olny title I could not find and had to go online. "Halloween" 25th anniversary and "Midnight Run" come to mind

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up my copy today. Went through ALL of the extras in under 20 minutes. Wow! I was hoping for more than that!!!
Oh well,at least its finally w i d e and with a good commentary. Can't wait for Christmas Vac's commentary.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Save your gasoline and shoe leather! (Plus the embarrassment of being stopped at the Wal-Mart exit when the security tag inside your "Vacation SE" DVD has accidentally not been de-activated, and you set off the "Step Back" Alarm--which happens approximately 20.49% of the time at this merchant. :))

Just get it HERE. You're not likely to find it for less.

Of course, acting quickly is required...as DDD will only have it this low for 6 days (at most).

Kelvin DP

Grip
I got mine like a week ago but it was still a nice disc. I only wished they included both commentaries in their fullness instead of editing them together. And where's a full documentary? And i wouldn't mind the alternate ending...

I'm also annoyed they didn't include Hughes' original short stories (Vacation '58 and Christmas '59). They're available on nationallampoon.com but it would eb nice to have them on the DVD.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
From the commentary:
Chevy: "Yeah I have the original ending on tape."
Dana: "Oh really? I've never even seen it."

So why is it not on the disc again? I'm pretty disappointed in it myself. One documentary is a lot better than a bunch of 2 minute clips (and that goes for all DVDs!) And I'm not really that blown away by the transfer either...

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Actually the delays could very well be blackout related. Back when I worked for UPS, I used to see a lot of packages come through on Fridays that were to be released the following Tuesday. No power=no sorting in the main hubs. Also, many of those shipments are coming from regional distribution centers which would account for the short shipping window. The fact that most people mentioning they can't find the DVD are east of the Mississippi supports this conclusion I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks