What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Man on Fire (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I feel you, Craig, but the MOF SE issue is not quite that amorphous. I still can't find the reference, but I also still have a vague recollection of it being mentioned at The Bits. (And clearly just because no one with the film has mentioned an SE does not mean that it is not happening). And don't you think it a little gratuitous to call it a "2 disc set"? It's a one-disc release on which the studio cut a (IMO bad precedent) deal with a leading big box retailer for their exclusive, limited inclusion of a second disc (containing I think about 20 minutes total of content, yes?). GoodFellas is a 2-disc set.

Just keepin' it honest, C. :)

"I wish . . . you had . . . more time,"
-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Just posted in the past hour in The Bits Rumor Mill post from today:

"Also, those of you who enjoyed Tony Scott's recent Man on Fire, but felt that the movie-only DVD release was a little lackluster (containing only a commentary) can rest easy. We've learned that a much more elaborate special edition is on the way from 20th Century Fox early next year. We'll give you all the details as soon as they come in."

Nanner nanner, Craig. :)

-p

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
As soon as I saw the Christan Wagner credit I knew I was going to dislike this film. The editing threw me out of the film; in the end I lost interest. Could've been very good, ruined by the daft stylized editing.

The little girl's acting was tremendous :emoji_thumbsup:

The DVD picture and sound is excellent.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
After hearing so much about this film I
watched it the other day.

The film was somewhat good, but as it has been
mentioned here, the director's "style" really
ruined the film and the overall pacing was much
too slow.

Had no problems with the overall quality of the DVD.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I finally got around to renting this tonight. I liked Denzel's "Out of Time" much better. Man of Fire was ok, but definitely a renter for me. However, the transfer blew me away.....outstanding looking. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks