What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Lord Of The Rings Extended Edition" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
this post will be old news to just about everybody here, but i just felt i had to post after renting this set out over the weekend.

this was only my second time watching the movie and the first time i've watched the EE.

when i first saw the movie in the theater, i had literally just finished driving from Buffalo to West Palm beach straight, and had been sitting in the car over 30 hours.
i'd promised my friends i'd see the movie with them and wanted to make good on my promise asap (and i knew i would be a little jazzed from finishing the road trip and not ready to sleep for alittle while anyway).

well, it was one of the most excrutiating movie going experiences i could remember.
i had to admire the film and its epic proportions, but the material left me cold and bored me near to tears.
i've playfully derided the film ever since.

the last gig we had though, my firend brought his copy of the EE with him, and since we have a lot of down time on the road, i popped it in for a few minutes.
i found myself actually enjoying the Bilbo memoirs exposition at the front. thats as far as i got and why i decided to give the film another shot.

it took me two nights to get thru it and all i can say is, i can't wait for CH to have another free shipping promotion 'cause this is defintiely now on my want list (if i hadn't pre-ordered so much already, i would run out tonight and buy it).
taking the material in leisurely over two nights made it much more enjoyable for me and allowed me to savor all the goodness in this epic production.

while i wouldn't consider myself a LOTR geek at this moment, i am now finally looking forward to seeing the next two and acquirring the TT EE when it comes out this fall.

as has no doubt been said 1000 times before, the set is incredible. gorgeous video and stunning, truly enveloping audio.
clearly one of the best discs available in both regards.

also going back over the list of EE inclusions, most of this material is some of may favorite parts now- the opening, thefirst sight of the elves in the forest, the little added bits of character- a much fuller movie, imo.
curious that the director still believes the theatrical cut is his 'preferred' vision.

anyways, glad i gave this movie another shot.
so many movies, such high quality.
we are truly in another golden age for fantasy films...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
this post will be old news to just about everybody here, but i just felt i had to post after renting this set out over the weekend.

this was only my second time watching the movie and the first time i've watched the EE.

when i first saw the movie in the theater, i had literally just finished driving from Buffalo to West Palm beach straight, and had been sitting in the car over 30 hours.
i'd promised my friends i'd see the movie with them and wanted to make good on my promise asap (and i knew i would be a little jazzed from finishing the road trip and not ready to sleep for alittle while anyway).

well, it was one of the most excruciating movie going experiences i could remember.
i had to admire the film and its epic proportions, but the material left me cold and bored me near to tears.
i've playfully derided the film ever since.

the last gig we had though, my friend brought his copy of the EE with him, and since we have a lot of down time on the road, i popped it in for a few minutes.
i found myself actually enjoying the Bilbo memoirs exposition at the front. thats as far as i got and why i decided to give the film another shot.

it took me two nights to get thru it and all i can say is, i can't wait for CH to have another free shipping promotion 'cause this is definitely now on my want list (if i hadn't pre-ordered so much already, i would run out tonight and buy it).
taking the material in leisurely over two nights made it much more enjoyable for me and allowed me to savor all the goodness in this epic production.

while i wouldn't consider myself a LOTR geek at this moment, i am now finally looking forward to seeing the next two and acquiring the TT EE when it comes out this fall.

as has no doubt been said 1000 times before, the set is incredible. gorgeous video and stunning, truly enveloping audio.
clearly one of the best discs available in both regards.

also going back over the list of EE inclusions, most of this material is some of may favorite parts now- the opening, the first sight of the elves in the forest, the little added bits of character- a much fuller movie, imo.
curious that the director still believes the theatrical cut is his 'preferred' vision.

anyways, glad i gave this movie another shot.
so many movies, such high quality.
we are truly in another golden age for fantasy films...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks