What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Legend" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Based on the screener I saw, Oona's FX looked spruced up just a little. I could be wrong though! Since the only version I ever saw was the 89-minute one, I noticed several cool new things...not the least of which are Princess Lili's beautiful songs!

I cannot WAIT to buy this set! Glad you liked it, Ron!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ron,

Like you, I liked the film after seeing it (on TV!), but didn't consider it a masterpiece. Then I found out it stayed with me just somewhat more and longer (like the film Gladiator - for different reasons - did).

Your review makes me very happy I ordered this version!

Thanks.

Cees

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Great Review!
Never seen it :frowning: But I will on the 21st ;)
Dang this Month is bad for my checkbook
Brian

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
It's also interesting to note that the DC is missing a few scenes and shots found in the US release. The initial "snowing over" transition of the clock in Nell's cottage, the "wild things" that jump out and attack Gump, Lily looking over the fruit at Darkness's table (where the glass also magically fills up), the entire rebirth of the unicorn during the U.S. version's ending montage and the alternate take of Jack and Lily running towards the sunset (it's just Jack in the DC).

I can't believe how satisfying this disc set is... it really was worth the extra wait!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Good eye, Patrick.

I also noticed a few things:

In the US version, there's a scene early on that shows one of Darkness' "cooks" whipping a guy on a table. This scene is removed but shows up in the background of the DC extended kitchen scene.

I loved all of Lili's songs! Very storybook-ish and it adds some sweetness to the early scenes.

It's also quite cool how we don't see Lili running into the sunset with Jack
anymore.

Question for Patrick (or anyone else who's already seen the Director's Cut)!: Is the scene where Gump replaces the unicorn's horn gone? I seem to think it is. Reply in spoiler tags please!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is there anyway to remove the security tag without destroying the case?

-Dave

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Thank god the DVD isn't full of those darn motion menus.

Paul W

Second Unit
Dave, I had good luck prying the back off just a bit and sticking the end of a steak knife under the edge of the security sticker. You have to gently work it off, but it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks