What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Legally Blonde" Hands down must buy! (1 Viewer)

L. W. Cobb

Agent
When I first saw Reese Witherspoon in "Man in the Moon", I sensed her ability and star quality immediately. Her subsequent work has confirmed my first impression of her, and I would certainly concur with the other members who have recommended "Election"; I believe it to be her finest work so far, and a terrifically entertaining film.
As for "Legally Blonde", I enjoyed it much more than I thought I might, not only for Ms. Witherspoon's performance, but for the structure and pace. This film has no right to be this enjoyable, but it really delivered for me.:emoji_thumbsup:

While I thought this film was pretty good, what really sold me were the extras on the flip side of the disc. The making of featurette was actualy insightful and informative, not your typical PR fluff. In fact, my wife and I both agreed it was one of the best "behind the scenes" pieces we'd ever seen. What was even more fascinating was the featurette on Reese's hair. You wouldn't believe how much trouble they went through to get just the perfect shade of blonde. They also examine the 40 different hair styles she had in the movie, (far more intersting than it sounds) a continuity nightmare!

Trust me, this disc is definitley worth the "flip."

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry guys, I like most of what Reese does, like Pleasentvill and Election, but Legally Blond could be, hands down the worst film I've seen this year. It's so cliched and there wasn't much to laugh at. I think Clueless was a smarter movie then this. It wasen't funny, I even found Reese, who I usually like, very annoying. But...

I have to agree that the movie did get a nice treatment. I only watched the documentary to see who in the hell the author was and was shocked that it was almost based on a true story! But overall, I enjoyed the documentary about the making of the film more the the movie itself.

Worst part of the movie, I think, is the dip and snap scene. That was sad. I guess I just don't understand how this could be enjoyable at all. I know alot of girls my age (I'm in 10th grade) who think this is their Bible. I'll stick with Fight Club thank u.

I'm happy the movie managed to enjoy alot of people, but like I said, I just don't see how it could.

Carol, I totally agree with you on the whole "dip and snap" sequence. I felt it came from waaay out of left field. Did enjoy the movie as a whole though. There are very few movies that my wife and I can watch together and agree on, this was one of the few. If only Rock Hudson and Doris Day were still making movies together... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks