What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Jason X" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Andy_MT

Second Unit
i can't even begin to describe how much i hated this [film], and this from a devout F-13th fan. it feels like they've bastardised the franchise with this **** (although jason goes to hell was no picnic). i can appreciate them trying something new, but i was kind of hoping for something good as well ... at least up to F-13th's usual questionnable standards. this isn't even good bad, it's bad bad. in my opinion, naturally.

i'm surprised that so many fans of this franchise enjoyed it. it doesn't capture the spirit of the former days. feels more like it's mutated into some form of generic unscary, teeny, crapola "only warner brothers could have been behind this - cue thirteen ghosts, haunted hill, valentine" horror absurdity that'll be embarrasing to watch 10 years from now. actually what i am saying, it's embarrasing to watch now.

if jason voorhees doesn't have enough problems what with everyone trying to kill him left right and center, he's now got new line executives and film makers trying to kill off his career. poor chap can't catch a break. still, he survived "goes to hell", so i expect he'll be back.

and what's with the video transfer ? it pixelated like crazy on my set up (htpc) and text shimmered like there was no tomorrow. on pausing the picture i noticed quite a bit of combing, so (and i'm no expert on this) perhaps this was flagged as video instead of film ? whatever the cause, this transfer certainly did not look great to me. too soft as well. not that it makes any difference. it'll be a cold day in crystal lake before i watch this mountain of **** again.

thanks new line. next time you want my money, why don't you just hire someone to break into my home dressed up as jason, chase me around a bit waving a large pointy knife, stab me a few times, then take my money from my wallet as i lay bleeding on the floor because this would be far less a traumatic experience than watching another f13th film courtesy of your good selves.

sorry for the rant, but jesus, what's happening with hollywood these days ? with the rare few exceptions, they seem to have forgotton how to make a good, decent "horror" film ...

Trevor H

Second Unit
Now tell us how you really feel Andy ;)
what's happening with hollywood these days ? with the rare few exceptions, they seem to have forgotton how to make a good, decent "horror" film ...
Well this one was made in Toronto Canada if that makes you feel better.
I just watched X and I have to say that I really liked it, sure this kind of movie isn't scary to me anymore but it made up for it with the special effects, action, gore and hot chicks!!! I was especially glad to see Kristi Angus from Kelowna, British Columbia who played Adrienne in the movie get the coolest death scene in recent movie history (the face freeze/smash), too bad she didn't also get a nude scene.
Can't wait till "Jason vs Freddy"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks