What's new

HTF REVIEW: "jackass the movie" (warning: adult orientated review) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Bob, Mark, and Jeff,

I confess to loving the Jackass schtick. I'll watch Citizen Kane and the entire Criterion collection to absolve myself.

I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should obey above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Have mercy.

Now I'll go watch Animal House...

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
James,

I'm not ripping the comedy genre. I love Animal House too - it's a classic film! I own the movie, as well as all the Farreley brothers' films, Airplane, Slapshot, the Blues Brothers, and the list goes on and on. I'm no snob who balks at crude humor - but this piece of crap I find a completely disgusting, moronic waste of time. I don't typically shop at Wal-Mart (especially for DVDs), but there is obviously a reason why several major retailers aren't even carrying this filth.

If you find this type of program entertaining, knock yourselves out. But to question someone's confidence in their own intelligence for NOT liking this crap is pretty pathetic!

Tom Oh

Second Unit
It is pretty damn funny. A guilty pleasure:) My wife on the other hand was disgusted and left after 15 min saying she is dissappointed in me for buying and enjoying such a disgusting DVD. My brother went out to buy one after he heard this story.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys,

This is the final time I am going to place
a subtle warning in this thread.

Whether someone likes this movie or not is no
indication of one's intelligence.

If you didn't like this film, your opinions are
respected. Just don't come into a mostly positive
thread and crap all over it, attacking other
members in the process just because they enjoyed
this film.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Haven't seen it yet, but a co-worker who had never seen the TV show at all (I have) absolutely loved it, and watched it twice! :) I'll be Netflixing this one soon... :)

I'm also in the camp that hasn't bought the barebones "Private Parts" disc (though tempting) because it doesn't seem worth it. Plus, I don't think it's anamorphic, which is a definite "no sale" for me. If a loaded SE was put together, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

-Dennis

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Great comment, Ron! Just wish we could put that in "The Ring" thread that turned a bit nasty awhile back...

:) D

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
Bought the DVD tonight, enjoyed it with my roommate who's never even seen the TV show previously. He was practically rolling on the floor with laughter, and he considers himself an uppity sophisticated type ;)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Bought this sight unseen. Loved it. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time, yet I feel so dirty. :D I never watched a single Jackass before and it was actually my girlfriend that told me that I had to see it. She saw it twice in the theatres. How is that for gender swapping.

BTW, like the Hot Chick and The Waterboy, and would easily buy a SE of Private Parts.

Great Review Ron!!

MikeM

Screenwriter
I haven't laughed this hard in ages, what a funny ass DVD!

I'm really pleasantly surprised at how great the video looked. The 16x9 widescreen version was really sharp!

Also, did you guys get that free wrist band with your DVD? It was weird, I was at Best Buy and they have a big batch of DVDs, but only like 5 had a wristband with the DVD. Anyone know how "limited" they are? Just curious.

Thanks for the review, Ron! :emoji_thumbsup:

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Private Parts is one of my favorite comedies... but I don't own it because of the current (and from what I have heard) piss-poor DVD.

A special edition would be a no-brainer (and Howard WANTS to do it!). Howard Stern probably has the most loyal fanbase of ANY radio jockey EVER and they will all run out to get the DVD (plus I am sure there a many people that are casual fans that would pick it up too!)

...Just look at the Special Edition of UHF... MGM got Weird Al involved and gave it a GREAT price. It turned into a BIG seller for them because of Al's fanbase.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Watched the special features last night... and I'm still laughing at the sand vagina and the guy dressed as a penis jumping into it. I absolved myself of guilt by watching Road To Perdition again afterwards. What an outstanding disc! The movie looks better on DVD than it did in the theater!

TedT

Second Unit
Am I the only one who though the extra footage was mostly better than what was put in the official movie?

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
and I'm still laughing at the sand vagina and the guy dressed as a penis jumping into it.
Ok I read the entire thread, this kind of sounds like a Tom Green type of thing (I haven't seen jackass). I was thinking this might be somewhat funny. But as soon as I read that quote I burst out laughing, that sounds truely hillarious!

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I am very on the fence about this one. I had it in my hand yesterday at BB for 14.99, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Not that I doubt it would be funny-there have been too many people who have said they laughed in spite of how absurd the premises are. I just don't know if I'll be able to rewatch a lot of the stuff-especiall the gross-out stuff. Anyone else feel this way? I'd just hate to rent it and find out I want to keep it.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Why not just buy it for $14.99, watch it, enjoy it.
If you don't think you'll watch it much in the future, eBay it and you might even make a few dollars with crazy eBay prices. Even if you lose a few bucks, it'll just be like an extended free rental.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I love the sand vagina and the dude with the mustard...oh that was genius! Anyone listened to the commentary...very funny! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks