What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Heist" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This movie had some good twists and turns but the actual heist was pure hogwash. When a movie's centrepiece leaves you mouthing the word bullshit all through it, you know something is not quite right.

The heist in "Sexy Beast" was nothing but an afterthought in that movie and it still felt more authentic than the preplanned fantasy raid that took place in "Heist"

Just to add. I agree with the previous statements that the ending is not cut and dried, which partly saves the movie.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I am very glad I only rented this movie. I was very disappointed. The "twist and turns" to try to convince you of a new scheme could not save the weak plot. I thought this was one of Hackman's weaker roles, as well...his constant yelling and cursing didn't do much for me (and I'm a Hackman fan).

Mickey Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I just thought that all the supposed 'plot twists' seemed to be after the fact 'add ons' and just didn't go with the flow of the movie.

For some reason I enjoyed 'The Score' much, much more than Heist.

Considering the cast my wife and I were very disappointed with this movie. Impossible plot with mechanical performances. Especially since we are Hackman and Devito fans.

To be honest it bored the crap out of us.

Rick Favreau

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks