What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Heat - Two Disc Special Edition (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i listened to the commentary and there's some good stuff in there. one thing interesting is that at the beginning, Mann says he set up the shots so that we don't know what's going on exactly; De Niro could very well have been an ambulance driver, we don't there's a heist going on until they put on the hockey masks.
is this realistic? i mean does Mann really expect the movie goier to NOT know that we're watching a movie about De Niro as a crook vs. Pacino as a cop? sure, that experience would exist, but only for the people who are going to the movie WITH the people that want to watch it in the first place (like the friend that doesn't know what movie to see or really care).
perhaps it's necessary for Mann to think this way in order for the storytelling process, i dunno.

ErichH

Screenwriter
I think the idea of ANY improvement in video is history on this one.
I remember the last time I watched my existing copy, and thought to myself `Mann (as in Michael) this needs help. Good thing the SE is coming soon' `I'm sure he did a great job with the new transfer'

Oh Well, yet another shameful release.

E

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I was just going through some of the bonus features. I thought the "Return to the Scene of the Crime" featurette was excellent. It was fascinating to see Mann's approach to location scouting for the movie. I especially liked the woman who discovered Trejo's "blood" when her carpet was pulled. Pretty funny...
Link Removed

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Did anyone have any problems with the audio, mainly the dialogue, which I found us not audible and I had to crank up the volume much higher than I normally do.

Tom_Ca

Agent
Now that Michael Mann went back into the telecine facility to personally supervise a new high-definition transfer for the BD release, can we expect a new edition in SD with the new transfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks