What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Halloween Resurrection" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

rhett

Supporting Actor
I liked HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION, but mainly for the excellent beginning with Jamie Lee Curtis. The sequence when Michael and Jamie showdown is easily one of the best sequences in the series, and it alone makes this film worth a rental. Jamie's face is so weathered and beat up in this film; her soul is essentially gone. So in the end, as the two face off, one is left wondering if they are really that much different at all. Jamie's face is as emotionless as the Shape's mask, lyrically contrasting Jamie Lee's naive innocence in the first film with her newfound emptiness.

While the rest of the movie doesn't really live up to expectations, there is no denying that the first part is a series milestone.

Thanks for taking the time to review this Ron.

Oh, and Jamie Lee isn't dead. She was stabbed in the stomache once and a tree broke her fall. She'll be back for Part 9, guaranteed.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, the way Jaimie Lee's career has been going lately, (losing her Voicestream gig to Catharine Zeta Jones for ex...) She might very well turn up again.
:frowning: D

i actually like this entry. it is my 4th favorite out of the series.

my ranking would be like this
1.halloween
2.halloween h20
3.halloween 2
4.halloween resurrection
5.halloween 4
6.halloween 6
7.halloween 5

anyway, the movie was good, i enjoyed it very much, but also laughed a lot at the corniness which i also enjoyed. the first 15 min were amazing in this horror fans opinion.
however, i did feel VERY cheated by the deah of jamie lee curtis. if she is dead, the series should be too. i also felt it wasnt a good enough "farewell" for her.
ill be picking this up tuesday. however, i only own the halloweens with jamie lee in them cause they are the only ones that cound IMO.

Added: i actually have all the halloween movies on VHS, i have the ones with jamie lee also on dvd, but not the ones she is not in.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
however, i only own the halloweens with jamie lee in them cause they are the only ones that cound IMO.
With the exception of "Halloween III: Season of the Witch," I think all of the Halloween films count. I also think that Donald Pleasence was a bigger star to the Halloween films than Jamie Lee Curtis or anyone else.

Matthew_B

Agent
Real Name
Matthew
Help :frowning:
I've been looking at some e-tailers and there might be a difference between the US version and the Canadian... could anyone confirm? I found the following:
- CNL.com lists the Canadian version as being released by Universal Studios/Alliance Atlantis Canada and is NOT listed as anamorphic (but is listed as widescreen).
- CNL.com also lists the US version (to import), released by Miramax, and IS listed as anamorphic widescreen, and also has Spanish subtitles.
- DVD-Plus.com lists the Canadian DVD as 89 minutes.
- Amazon.com lists the US DVD as 94 minutes and released by Buena Vista Home Video.
So... is the Canadian DVD cut 5 minutes and non-anamorphic widescreen? I know this doesn't sound right, but I don't very often see Canadian e-tailers giving the ability to import the US DVD when the Canadian version is listed next to it.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I can confirm that the Canadian version is put out by Alliance Atlantic and does have bi-lingual packaging(which looks awful in my opinion) but I'm not sure about whether or not it is anamorphic widesceen like the U.S. version or whether or not the running time is any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks