What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Gigli (1 Viewer)

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
I'm LMAO reading this thread.

Thanks for the support guys, I was even warned by my girlfriend before watching this one.

I now have courage of steel and can take on any 'bad' Hollywood flick

Michael:D

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
For me, it's like a bad traffic accident: you know you really don't want to look, or need to, and you know it won't enhance your life by looking...but you look anyway, just to confirm that you shouldn't have looked.

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
Jersey Girl doesn't require us to believe that Affleck and Lopez are gangsters so I don't think it will be nearly as bad. Smith can construct a better narrative too, this movie was lacking one. Besides
J-Lo dies less than halfway into the picture.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
What? This movie deserves the coveted 'Highly Recommended' status. I'll hold my breath until it gets it.

... I'm holding my breath ...

... I mean it ...

There, are you happy now. I've passed out. ;) :D

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Ummm... my condolences for having to review this...

WHAT!!! NO DTS-ES???
htf_images_smilies_biggrin.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Quote:

Jersey Girl doesn't require us to believe that Affleck and Lopez are gangsters so I don't think it will be nearly as bad. Smith can construct a better narrative too, this movie was lacking one. Besides
Spoiler:
J-Lo dies less than halfway into the picture.

no she doesn't.

i just watched it and even with the bad script, it wasn't as bad as i expected.

i actually enjoyed much of the movie.
watch master of disguise for a truly bad, and disgraceful, shameful excuse for a movie.

SvenS

Second Unit
I went into watching this DVD expecting the worse film I have ever seen but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't nearly as bad as so many claim! Actually, the other cast memebers in the film like the kidnapped kid and the boss of Gigli were pretty funny. It was just the two main actors who seemed a bit stiff when acting against each other. I would say it was an OK film NOT good or great but NOT horrible like films such as Blair Witch!

For those who said they walked out half way through the film... in my book you opinion means nothing! I have always felt that you should watch the whole film before you can properly form a opinion of a film. I have encountered plenty of films that start out very slow but later into the film it really picks up or there are some nice scenes/interaction of actors that makes the film more enjoyable.

I think we have a massive "bash lopez/affleck" train that got rolling by hollywood critics who resented all the PR (I myself don't think their constant positive PR is deserved myself)they keep getting and this was their chance to stick it to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks