What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Die Another Day" Special Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i generally hate Brosnan in the role, but i think i would actually like him more if he would stop trying to be a masculine bad ass in the Connery mold, and rather tried to play Bond as just a charmer ala Moore.
Brosnan can come across as enormously charming in the right vehicle, but i just don't buy him as a rugged, two fisted he-man.
i grew up with Moore too, and i still like his take on the character and find it fine for his films.
He knew he wasn't Testosterone poster boy and he didn't play the part pretending he was- so in that sense i found him 'authentic'.
just like i love Dalton (maybe most of all now) but would probably hate him if he were in a 'Moore' Bond movie.
twinkle-eyed quips just weren't his forte.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I started to watch this with my fathers Sampo DVD player and Yamaha RX-V9 and the DTS track was wildly out of sync. The Dolby track was fine.

Neil

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Well, finally saw this last nite. Beginning was decent. Bond captive for 14 months, BIG departure from usual. Then, what happened?!?!? CGI..?
My thoughs exactly. DAD is almost like two different films...an opening 25 minutes with a painful tease that this one might be different like OHMSS, then it all goes down the crapper into a standard, boring action-formula resembling a modern day action movie more than a normal Bond movie.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh, by saying Brosnan's my Bond, I didn't meant to insult Connery -- he was the original, and he did it very well, and for that he'll always have my respect. I also, against the general consensus, thought Dalton did an admirable job. Moore on the other hand...
I definitely didn't take your comment as an insult to anybody. We all have our preferences, and though some may present "Sean Connery = Best Bond" as an absolute, it's not. I agree with that sentiment but don't think it's a fact - it's an opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks