What's new

HTF Review: Desperate Housewives - the complete first season - RECOMMENDED (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Did anyone else hear Ms. Hoover in the pilot when she was buying TUMS at the grocery store, she told Susan that she had to watch Edey's son tonight......Since when does Edey have a son?!?!? I watched the commentary and hoped Marc Cherry would catch it but he didn't say anything about it.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Edie's son is supposed to be featured in the storyline this year, according to some stories from the set.

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
My copy from Best Buy ($27.99) was missing the booklet and the rebate form. After two or three minutes of menus and waiting, Marsha (I think) answered. She said they've gotten numerous calls, but not too many have been without both pieces. She took my info, and everything should be straight soon. This is my first time speaking with BVHE customer service in years, and it's still excellent.

PaulHan

Auditioning
FYE in Philadelphia has the set on sale for 44.99; my copy has the booklet, the rebate form and a scratchless disc 5. FYE has this set in its own $10 off list of DVD's and games unrelated to the combo deal with Lost. But you have to choose one or the other if you get it at FYE.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Cheap, Isn't it? It's not the real episode, it's not in widescreen. Heck, it looks like its from an ANALOG source.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The "Sorting out the Dirty Laundry" that aired during last season was not produced by the same people who produce the episodes. It was independently made by ABC to try to boost ratings (the same was done for LOST). They are not officially part of the produced episodes, therefore they were not included with the season sets.

It's still pretty lame they didn't include that with the bonus disc though.

I got a rebate form too, but it implies that I need an in-store printed receipt. I bought it from buy.com I'll probably just toss in the slips that came when the shipments arrived...

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I figured it was independent, but still. If there was an 'episode'/ratings ploy called 'Sorting Out the Dirty Laundry' and that was what is advertised as being on the Bonus Disc, it should be the real 'episode' as it aired on ABC, or they should have stated that it wasn't THAT Laundry episode.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Ravma,

I couldn't agree more. Especially since the Target bonus was referred to as an "episode".

A clip show that airs on E! does not constitute an episode in my mind.

Moreover, expecting the real deal is by no means unreasonable given that the LOST bonus disc at Best Buy includes the actual episode and both are Buena Vista shows.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks