What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: Brokeback Mountain (1 Viewer)

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall

Of course. However, Sam, as an official reviewer has an additional responsiblitiy. Someone lurking might see his review next to a "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED" review and miss Brokeback because he/she infers BbM isn't *that* great.

MattHR

Screenwriter

And that "obligation" is to "sugar-coat" his opinion for the review -- with the hope of influencing someone to watch the movie that otherwise might not have?

:rolleyes:(again)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The movie SIMPLY IS NOT THAT GREAT.

End of story.

(And that is why I don't write reviews here anymore.)

- Steve

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall

I love the silver cover. I'm glad they didn't gloat about all the nominations and wins on the cover - they didn't even use the Oscar statuette. The disc art is nice too. I'm hoping for interviews with the cast and a booklet/insert in the special edition.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
If it were the other way around and CRASH was the frontrunner and lost to BBM; then it was found out that MANY members refused to watch it there would be such an outcry. RACISM would be cried. Roger Ebert and Oprah would be demanding that rules would be changed and EVERYBODY would have to watch the films from now on. But since it is about Gays anybody who cries foul is a complainer or is whining.

I find it ironic that enough people watched it to give the film the Director Award, Music Award and Screenplay. How do they know Ang's direction or Larry & Dianna's screenplay were worthy of an Award if they did not watch it? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Holy cow, this is getting better and better.

Please DO substantiate that statement. I am REALLY curious about how you came to the finding that "Many Blacks" "know" Crash "was used to deny Brokeback the BP award".

--
H

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall

Why don't you do a little internet search for yourself. The information is out there. I don't intentionally make false claims. Prominent members of the Black community spoke immediately after the awards uproar started.

Bradley,

You make an excellent point. Unfortunately, gays are still sitting at the back of the bus. Everyone has gay friends and is *so* aware of racism. How could we dare claim homophobia on their part? It's amazing shocking remarks by Curtis and Borgnine are blatently ignored by the public and media.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What the hell is going on in this thread???

So sad to see it sidetracked by inflammatory comments.:thumbsdown:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's YOUR argument. The burden of providing relevant material to back it up is entirely on you. As they say, put up or shut up.

--
H

MattHR

Screenwriter
I thought I'd offer that cover to lighten the mood. It's getting close to the "danger zone" with all the "Oh yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad!" comments.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I just hope this thread doesn't sink any further with more ridiculous comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks