What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Batman Begins - Two Disc Deluxe Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I just exchanged my single disk for the 2 disk once I saw the extras for this teriffic film. Thanks for the review and it is always nice to see screen images.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

Perfection.

While the transfer is excellent, I don't believe it is among the top 2 or 3 in my collection. Same with the audio portion. A terrific track, but it's not the first disc I'd run to in an attempt to show off my system.

That said, it is in fact, near perfect.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Any news on whether or not Canadians will have to suffer through more bilingual packaging for this DVD? I really hope I can avoid seeing Batman: Le Commencement on the cover art with a poor french translation of Roger Ebert's english review.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
I'm picking this one up regardless, but this one has Double Dip written all over it (if not Triple Dip). The Special Features seem pretty weak, IMHO -- no deleted scenes or commentary of any kind, and just a group of short featurettes like some of Warner's recent DVDs.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The only way I'll double dip on this title on DVD is if they release a "director's cut". I won't upgrade just for more extras, since the picture and sound are quite highly rated. Barring a different cut of the film, the next time I upgrade Batman Begins will be on Blu-Ray :D

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Heads up for those content with the single disc addition. It comes with two episodes of "The Batman" at Wal-Mart (in Canada at least). The bonus disc as its own DVD case and artwork.

William DAnnucci

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed with Steve... great DVD, but would it have killed them to add a DTS track? The Burton Batman Box (say that 5 times fast) has DTS, but Warner keeps it off BB? I am assuming that they needed the movie disc to be the same on the single disc edition offered to rental stores, making room for Quebec dubbing and the oh-so-hilarious Tankman bit? I am loving this disc, but I'm so hungry for the expanded sound of DTS, especially during the bat swarm scenes. Maybe I'm spoiled. LAND OF THE DEAD has a terrific and intense DTS track along with many other recent Universal DVDs. DTS would have made BATMAN BEGINS a definitive demo disc.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
It's a neat tie-in for the new cartoon, I suppose. I'll try and find out on Tuesday. I'd be great if it was newer episodes, and not ones already released to disc.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Lately I usually wait until Blockbuster has it used but with special movies like these (and SW: Ep III) I'll be picking it up right away (2 disc version of course).

I haven't even seen this movie yet so I can't wait til Tuesday. I'm hearing nothing but great things about this movie.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Quick question, are the special features 4:3 or anamorphic? Not that it's a deal breaker, but I prefer them to be anamorphic, but I haven't seen any mention of this in any reviews I've read yet.

Thanks

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I picked up the single disc version on Saturday, and watched it last night. Absolutely beautiful presentation. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit
Damn. I'm a French Canadian, and I HATE the billingal covers... They are so horrible, indeed.

And must of the french collector prefer have only englsi cover too... I really dont know why they put the two langages at the same times... :thumbsdown:

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I just got back from Future Shop and the special cover for the 2 disc is in English only :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks