What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Batman Begins - Two Disc Deluxe Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED). (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I know I'm sounding spoiled and melodramatic, but I was looking forward to hearing the commentary! Oh well...:frowning:

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Mine, mine, mine. I'm already looking forward to the 18th, henceforth known as Barg's Bat-day... five movies, 10 discs and me roughly $80 poorer.

No early reviews of the Anthology set? I'm surprised.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
maybe he meant he isnt buying the 2 discer due to no commentary.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Rave review for the video, yet you still took away half a star. Why?
Thanks for the review & screen caps!!!

JoeyCarr

Grip
I'm very happy to hear the great review. Batman Begins is one of the best movies of the year. October 16th-October 23rd I not only have my Horror Movie Marathon for Halloween,AND I'm going to have Batweek with....
Batman Anthology Box Set(Well,maybe JUST the specials on B&R)
Batman Begins-Deluxe Edition

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Definitely can't wait to pick up Begins along with the Anthology. I'll get to use "Batman & Robin" as a coaster for my drink.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Hmmm... I NEVER give this much thought but I really like the cover art for this release.

I have to buy this - albeit sans DTS.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great review Mr. Kane! I have really cut back on my purchases this year but this will be one of them for sure.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Very nice! I cant wait to pick this up. I saw this openining night at a theater near my house with my dad. We loved it so much, we walked into the next room and watched the movie again! :)

I am happy that Warner is handling this with their usual excellent A/V presentation, and nicely done 2 disc SE. None of the typical Fox/Sony BS of single disc barebones now, and 2 disc SE later.

I will also pick up the first and second films because although they may not be true to the original vision of Batman, I love Tim Burton and want his images to be in my collection.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I must corroborate Mr. Kane's opinions on the video and audio quality on this DVD. It is truly exemplary.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg

Huh. That's a bit of a surprise, you'd think WB would throw everything together in one package for you reviewers... but looking forward to it anyway.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
are the extras worth watching just once or more then once?
it seems more like fluff stuff then say the 2 doc like the fly or star wars?

JACOB

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

I'm probably not the right guy to answer your question Jacob. I can't EVER remember going back to watch an extra feature more than once - but that's just me.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I was thinking about getting the single disc edition of batman begins.
thanks for responding.

JACOB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks