What's new

HTF REVIEW: "American Pie 2" (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, so the 2-pack is released on the same day as the release of AP2...
But i dont get how they are packed. Do you get AP1-CollectorsEdition or AP1:UE with AP2-CollectorsEdition? Coz i thought they stopped printing AP1:CE...
And about the 2-pack being only unrated... Hehe, i have no intention at all in buying the R-rated version, so its perfect :D

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Ron, I think a lot of your reviews are better than many of the movies you are actually reviewing! So stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed American Pie 1, I look forward to watching AP2. Thanks for another great review Ron. :emoji_thumbsup:
Jon

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
But i dont get how they are packed. Do you get AP1-CollectorsEdition or AP1:UE with AP2-CollectorsEdition? Coz i thought they stopped printing AP1:CE...
As I stated, the press release doesn't say either way. I checked out some online retailers and none of the ones I looked at even mention the thing at all! Looks like folks will just have to wait until 1/15 to find out for themselves. Sorry I can't be more help, but if the release doesn't tell, I can't...

DanR

Supporting Actor
Nice joke there Steve!!! Your comment makes me want to brave the bitter cold and go outside to smoke a cigar today. :)
Regards,
Dan

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Ronald's review mentions a DTS track, however, the sites that I checked (Amazon, Future Shop) indicate nothing about a DTS track being included. Amazon states that it has English 5.1 and French 2.0 tracks only.

Is the DTS track included on some versions and not on others?

Thanks!

PhilipW

Second Unit
Definitely picking up the unrated version.

My wife and I loved both of these movies.

Only thing missing is my brother didn't get asked to come back in Pie II as a band nerd. He was in a few scenes as a band nerd in Pie I.

It's kinda cool seeing a relative trying to make it in Hollywood up on the big screen. When my wife and I saw American Pie we didn't know he was in it. He told us he was going to be in a film but the title had changed. We sure were surprised.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the unrated widescreen version and can confirm there is a DTS track.

Can someone please do me a favor ? Not only was I unsure what the new footage that was not in the rated R version but I can't see anything in this movie that would make it "unrated". Unless their definition of "unrated" is they never bothered to submit the movie to the MPAA. I did not see anything raunchy in this that would get this film unrated. I think it is just a marketing ploy to sell more DVD.

Amazon shows the rated R version clocking in at 110 minutes where the back of the DVD case for the Unrated says 1hr 51mins. Thats one minute extra. Please tell me what I missed.

My only good story is the store I have been purchasing from lately had the widescreen version cheaper than the pan&scan versions. Same with Jurassic Park 3, which I also picked up.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Didn't think much about American Pie 2. I have the unrated version, but that seems pretty tame to me (not NC-17 standard by my reckoning).
The one reason to get the DVD however:
The Sherminator scene at the end. Movie was worth it just for that. I was in stitches of laughter!

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Unless their definition of "unrated" is they never bothered to submit the movie to the MPAA.
What other definition is there? That's what "unrated" means. It wouldn't be unrated if they had submitted it to the MPAA.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Carl,

I guess so. I always assumed that unrated versions of movies has something raunchier than the original. Not in this case though.

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

I can safely say that your reviews are typically the linch pin that nails whether I purchase a DVD or not. I've found that I've watched some damn fine movies that I wouldn't have if I hadn't read your take. I can definitely thank you for Almost Famous which is now on my top 5 list.

Can't wait to have the new site bookmarked.

Kraig

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, i just went out and bought it today afterschool...
The Unrated Widescreen Two-Pack comes with:
American Pie 1 - COLLECTORS EDITION (Dolby Digital, no DTS :frowning:, ONE DISC ONLY)
American Pie 2 - COLLECTORS EDITION (Dolby Digital, DTS, one disc)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks