What's new

HTF REVIEW: ALIAS Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i still haven't finished the set yet so i only skimmed some of the previous posts here in case there were any mild spoilers.
i took me a while to get into this show.
i think i was onto the second disc of the first season before it really 'clicked' with me- and from there it was off to the races.
David, i agree 100% with what you wrote here

oddly, the other show this reminds me of the most is Dallas.
catching up with reruns of that a few yrs ago, i found it to be just as compelling and with each ep ending on a betrayl or plot complication , it made you eager to see the next ep asap to see how it follows thru.
and i think its this enthusiasm to entertain with drama, that propels the show along.
if it were just flashy Michael Bay actions scenes every week i doubt i would have anywhere as much interest in it.
its the characters, and the continual complications and conflicts in the relationships that keep me up past my bedtime.

i hope Warner does start putting out Dallas this year as that will go a little ways in getting my mind off the long wait for Alias S3.

i can't rave enough about this damn show.
i'm late to the party, but if i had known how entertaining this would have been, i would have nominated these for set of the year.
that clear slip case (and the artwork it obscures) is really sweet.

it's blind buys like this that more than make up for all the other dreck i have to ebay off throughout the year.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
For anyone who found the Alias DVD bloopers to be overproduced, the uncut version (at least 13 minutes long) has been available for download from the web for some time. The URL is rather long -- just do a google for 'alias extended bloopers', find the Alias Media site, and scroll down a bit for the file. Hilarious stuff. (Hope it's not against the rules to mention it - I don't think it's piracy, but your mileage may vary)

I adored season 1 and season 2. Season 3 has been a real let-down for me so far. I have been trying to be patient to see where J.J. Abrams is going, and there have been good episodes/scenes here and there. But overall, season 3 makes me want to apologize to the friends I got hooked on the show through the season 1 dvd. Oh well. Maybe season 3 will be more enjoyable as a dvd than it has been live, waiting week after week for the plot to progress. (What, me bitter?:angry: )

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
uh-oh.
maybe i should prepare myself in advance :)
i was actually just starting to quibble with S2, as i felt after a promising start the show was straining credulity too much in shifting its focus- where it seemed like they were losing the original premise, or just spinning their wheels-

and then it all turned upside down in one ep i didn't see coming, and now it should be a whole new ball game.
i kind of have to wonder how long they can run in this direction, but i've told myself that many times with this series over the last 30+ eps and have been pleasantly surprised more often than not.

oh well.
just found out Dallas should be coming around the same time as S3, that'll take the sting out a bit if S3 does suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks