What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "8 Mile" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
She was miscast and her "accent" was a rambling mess.
Isn't that her real accent, though? She is from Georgia, after all. There were a couple of times when I thought she emphasized it a bit too much but most of the time she sounded natural to me.

John Bryant

Second Unit
Best movie I saw last year. You're right Ron, the video and audtio are tremendous. Here's hoping for a 2-disc SE later on. I for one will be happy to upgrade.

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Let's hope there are enough of you out there
still young enough at heart to enjoy this film as
much as I did.
Let me start by saying great review, Ron. Being an Eminem fan, I was looking forward to this film for a little over a year. I saw this film on opening night and loved it. Other than your opinion of the special features, I read a very positive review. And looking at the quotes I pulled from your review regarding the video, audio and final thoughts... I'm wondering why this didn't get your highest rating approval (Highly Recommended!). :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Is it me or are the French and Spanish dubs here just a waste of space? The rap battles and announcing go undubbed and unsubtitled, so anyone who doesn't speak English won't understand the movie anyway. Any idea why Universal did this and then didn't even put French or Spanish subtitles on?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks