What's new

HTF Reported Attack Site (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My Avast is quarantining files off and on when visiting the HTF through Internet Explorer:
htf-virus.png

Regardless of whether you guys consider it a virus or malware, you might want to make sure it's not loading any more because it might be the source of the Google issue as well.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Since I'm making this post it's obvious I can NOW access the page. So what the hell happened? Someone on the HTF FB was theorizing it was hacked from someone in the Ukraine?

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Firefox opened it now but the red marker is still beside the link in the dropdown when I type Home.

Nitrateville seems to work OK now.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Great for members, but still bad for our host's traffic. Unfortunately, Google searches continue to flag the HTF as potentially harmful.

In the year 2014, what does it take to get a high profile multinational to remove a recovered site from their auto-bot sh*t list???

There's another kind of business nightmare going on here...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
Great for members, but still bad for our host's traffic. Unfortunately, Google searches continue to flag the HTF as potentially harmful.

In the year 2014, what does it take to get a high profile multinational to remove a recovered site from their auto-bot sh*t list???

There's another kind of business nightmare going on here...
That would be in your cache, once it clears everything should show up as normal as the latest test i ran shows Google have now given the all clear, now the problem i have with all this is what exactly happened, i have researched this and believe Liquid Web, the hosting company is/was using old Apache web server software, a hacker can exploit that, if it is still not updated, last i checked it wasn't, then it's only a matter of time before hackers get in again, now perhaps not this site but another they host.

Now i'm sure HTF doesn't want to spread panic, it will be the nothing to see here and move along speech but clearly something did happen and researching Liquid Web makes me less confident it was a one off.

Maybe HTF should move themselves to a web hosting service that uses a firewall and has the latest Apache software.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Recommending people use IE because it lets you through to sites that other browsers have flagged is like saying the zombies don't see any reason why you shouldn't come on down to the apocalypse :POne thing I haven't seen addressed: are we sure these pages aren't infected by rogue ad content? Would go a long ya to explaining why they are so hard to pin down.
Apocalypse Now.This is the endBeautiful friendThis is the endMy only friend, the end.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
SWFF said:
Since I'm making this post it's obvious I can NOW access the page. So what the hell happened? Someone on the HTF FB was theorizing it was hacked from someone in the Ukraine?
That was me. :p

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Yes, Firefox now deigns to let me in, so this very silly incident is over for now.
I wonder if it really was caused somehow, as someone suggested, by someone who had been banned from the site? Anyway, the addicts are back...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
OS X Safari back to normal!

I image Adam was sweating this one! What a nightmare for a 'small' site!

Kudos to the team for sorting it out!

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
FoxyMulder said:
That would be in your cache, once it clears everything should show up as normal as the latest test i ran shows Google have now given the all clear, now the problem i have with all this is what exactly happened, i have researched this and believe Liquid Web, the hosting company is/was using old Apache web server software, a hacker can exploit that, if it is still not updated, last i checked it wasn't, then it's only a matter of time before hackers get in again, now perhaps not this site but another they host.
Appears so Malcolm. As a precautionary measure, I ran so many cleaners today...I figured one of them would have purged my cache. Guess not...

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
ROclockCK said:
Appears so Malcolm. As a precautionary measure, I ran so many cleaners today...I figured one of them would have purged my cache. Guess not...
Get yourself CCleaner and attach it to your recycle bin, it works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks