What's new

HTF / Projector People Epson Thanksgiving Contest Winner Announced!!! (1 Viewer)

mac1165

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Contreras
Originally Posted by sharkus

Hmm. Still no update from Joe. I'm guessing there might have been some others that would have been a bit more excited about having a new projector around (myself included).

--Marcus

I agree.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The bottom line is that no matter how you run something like this you run the risk of sour grapes. Htf made inroads with a great sponsor. We got a LOT of new members signed up from it, some might even stick around. ;) We all got to bond over a shared challenge and responses that ranged from the banal to the awesome, from whiny (er mine!) to the celebratory. Wins all around in my book, even if the Grand Prize guy doesn't meet your personal vision for how floored he should be. Lord knows I don't say this enough but: good job HTF owners and moderator team!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I see a reason for the sour grapes and I didn't even enter this "contest".

Corporate Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Sanborn
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

I see a reason for the sour grapes and I didn't even enter this "contest".

Whereas I entered the contest, placed in the Top 15, and think a lot of people here are being fairly petty about this.

It's the holidays. People tend to get busy. And on the basis of the Joe's contest entry, he's got some other difficulties he's contending with in his life, that I don't envy.

I can't even say with any certainty if I would've been able to set the thing up, use it, and report back in the short period of time that some of you have given him. I have kids, they have activities, we're doing some travelling between now and Christmas, and as my contest entry suggested, the projector was going to be put in my Dad's not-yet-built home theatre anyway, which currently exists as a set of four, dusty concrete walls.

Any reports I would've made about it would've been along the lines of, "I unboxed it, plugged it in, hooked up the standard-def DVD player that I own, and watched ten minutes of Tron on a tiny strip of wall, with sheets over the windows, to sub-optimally block out the light. It looked good."

Give the guy a break.

Regards,

Corporate Dog

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks