What's new

HTF PICKS OF THE WEEK - February 6, 2004 (1 Viewer)

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
I too like this section very much, Ron. It will allow you to cover some of the DVD's comming out that may not get up for review from the "Significant Seven" ;)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
So is it now "The Significant 7" plus one more who doesn't really add one but is still one more so now we'll call it the "The Sinificant 7 + 1" :D Great review Ron, I'm hyped to see American Splendor...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
"American Splendor" was a blind buy for me, which I absolutely adore. Now knowing that you have good taste, I'm looking forward to seeing future recommendations.

Also, I am almost ashamed to admit this, but the song "American Splendor" (by an unknown named Eytan Mirsky that is included as an audio-only bonus feature) has been running through my head all day today and yesterday. Help!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ron, good idea. I would've probably never given Anne Frank a second thought until I read your thoughts on the disc, now I'll more than likely pick this up in the next couple of months.

I'm going to be one of those that looks forward to this feature of yours...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Argh, I'm going to have to rethink this now. My family knows I have more of a dramatic movie preference (over horror or 'Shoot-em-up' films), but the final straw was when I asked my mom about this movie and she said I probably wouldn't like it because it was a 'chick-flick'.

But to hear a few manly praises, I'll have to reconsider.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
I must admit - I miss Ron's reviews. When he finds a gem of a movie his enthusiasm is infectious. I'll be sure to read his weekly column of movies he discovers. :)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Ron, glad to see you liked American Splendor - I thought it was the best of the year. Secondhand Lions was very good also.

:)

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
Yeah, I'm with everyone else. Ron, we pleasantly welcome your writings back here on the HTF. Man I love this place.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Nice to have you back Ron. The current 7 reviewers are great, but I have missed your reviews. Now we get both, what more could you ask for?

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor

"Tuscan Sun" is a romantic movie but it avoids the cliches and is very well done. It is a 'chick flick' without being a 'chick flick' if you get me. Good entertaining movie that looks gorgeous. And if you like Diane Lane... she gives another excellent performance.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
So,
"You can take the DVD away from the boy, but you can't take the boy away from the DVD!" (uh, or, ... something like that:D)

Great idea, Ron ... I'm glad to "read you" again!

John Bryant

Second Unit
Wow. I have seen two of those, and they are on the very top of my list from last year. Diary of Anne Frank is on order to help complete my FSC collection. Great picks Ron :D.

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Ron, I agree that the 7 "unknowns" that were picked to write reviews have done an incredible job. With that, i must say that I'm very glad to see you back writing about DVDs in some capacity other than press releases.

Good to see (read) you again. :emoji_thumbsup:

{pssst, i knew you couldn't stay away...} ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks