What's new

HTF PICKS OF THE WEEK - February 27, 2004 (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I loved Matchstick Men but once you see the ending, repeat viewing may not be as suspenceful.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
I wanted to throw in a pic of mine if noone minds. I don't know how many of you have seen it butThe Man Without A Face was released for the first time last week. A very small film with an epic feel to it, mostly because of its evoking of mood and feeling between the two main characters;Mel Gibson and Nick Stahl.

It is a small release for a small film. It would have been nice to have a commentary though, Warner. The trailer and a new 10 min. retrospective are included. The picture looks close to perfect which is sometimes a surprise for just a 10 year old film on DVD. The 5.1 soundtrack is great for James Horner's little known and underrated music score..A piece of beauty.

I have always been moved by this movie and one of the few reasons why I got into the film industry. I later realized that I knew two people on the crew so you can imagine the time I had asking for any production stories.

I highly recommend this moving film for anyone who has had a befriending relationship with a person who has changed your life or who fits the mentor student relationship perfect and of course a fan of Mel Gibson's directorial efforts.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's interesting Ron because I just recently saw Valence for the 1st time. I've been making my way thru, via Netflix, alot of John Wayye films I've never see. Rio Bravo recently and Valence. THey were both great. DVD has certainly opened up my viewing of older classic films. I was always a Scifi and Horror Genre fan and have from young age watched the films of the 40's and 50's in those genre's but I saw very few drama's , westerns etc. With Netflix I've taken steps to rectify this. But I'm amazed how many of my friends won't go near B&W films. In fact my friend came over while I was watching valence and Asked "Don't they mke this on DVD in Color" he grew impatient and left.

It's a shame that people cannot get past this "Prejudice" to explore film's past. But this is similar to music and other things they just have no appreciation of what has come before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks