What's new

HTF on Twitter, Facebook etc who is posting content there? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m just curious about the content more then who is creating the content.
Earlier today there was a tweet that linked to a topic that hasn’t been posted to since 2011 that was something about a Seth Macfarlane show American Dad and a dedication that was related to September 11th at the end of an episode.

The topic was started in 2005 and the last post was in 2011.

Seems really random and pointless.
That doesn’t happen on FB as much if at all.
I replied to the tweet but no response came.

So what’s the deal with that anyway?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This issue has been reported to ownership, other than that, I can't answer your question.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I’m just curious about the content more then who is creating the content.
Earlier today there was a tweet that linked to a topic that hasn’t been posted to since 2011 that was something about a Seth Macfarlane show American Dad and a dedication that was related to September 11th at the end of an episode.

The topic was started in 2005 and the last post was in 2011.

Seems really random and pointless.
That doesn’t happen on FB as much if at all.
I replied to the tweet but no response came.

So what’s the deal with that anyway?

If something is posted on the main/portal page, it’s automatically sent to our social media pages (FB and Twitter). I can’t speak to the reasoning for why that specific thread was chosen as I don’t pick that content, but usually it has to do with SEO. Even if it hasn’t been posted to in some time, it may still be a popular thread from the perspective of search.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So it’s analytics.

Yeah it’s just odd for that topic to appear at the top of htf front page then on twitter and FB.
There seems to be a number of odd images on the front page lately. Incorrect pictures or links to old threads. Very strange that it sounds like this is left up to some automated process rather than being actively managed.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Today the home page is featuring a picture of Zach Levi from the recent Shazam! movie, linking to a story about Warner Archive's release of the old 70's Shazam! TV show.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
OK FB is fixed too. I have been watching this on Vudu with my kids. :)
Now we appear to have a photo from the movie Logan's Run featuring Michael York promoting a thread about the Logan's Run TV show featuring Gregory Harrison.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So now the home page is showing a picture of Monty Python attached to a thread talking about "holy grails" on disc, which has nothing to do with the Python movie.

If these are somehow automatically generated based on random keywords, maybe someone needs to be more "hands on" in approving content. These embarassing errors seem to happen far too often.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks