What's new

HTF on Facebook, or, I'm so behind the times (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have not been on Facebook in a week or two saw I have not saw what all has been changed. If I am hearing you guys correctly then you can now see your friends conversations. Let me know if this is correct.

Me : Linda you have a nice body
Linda can read this.
Also my friends can read what I wrote on Linda's wall???? Even if they are not friends with Linda???

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Matt, you're supposed to say "Linda, would you hold it against me if I told you that you have a nice body?"

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think that is just friends, but I believe you can turn that off for YOUR wall posts, but I haven't figured out how to turn off others. It seems that each individual has to turn it off, otherwise, all your friends see Wall posts to another friend and it just causes clutter!!!! There should be an option for us to turn off Wall posts to others...

Jay

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is there a way to go invisible like you can on aim, so i can go on facebook
wqithout getting chatted to?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Not invisible per se - you have to "go offline," which means you can't see who's online and they of course cannot see you.

Bottom right, silhouette with the green dot. Click on it and then select Go Offline. The dot will then turn red.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm new to facebook. I really don't like that I can see what friend A posts to friend B's wall. It makes me uncomfortable reading it, and it makes me not want to post anything on a friend's wall if we have mutual friends.

Isn't there a way of blocking this?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just message people on FB if you're concerned about writing on people's walls. That's what I do. If I post on a person's wall, I make sure it's fairly innocuous.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I don't understand the concern about seeing other people messages (or others seeing yours)...I mean, isn't that the whole point of Facebook??

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
If it makes you feel better, I'm 18 and I've not so much as visited facebook.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Let me know how it goes, Dave. I've been pondering this myself now and then, but so far have avoided being assimilated by the masses.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's been entertaining, mostly. It motivated me to go my 20-year high school reunion this Fall :) I've reconnected with some old college buddies. But if FaceBook disappeared tonight, I'd be OK.

I have a friend who joined, went gonzo with it, and the deleted his account a week later. He found too much tension in moderating his comments with his extended family seeing them and having tensions about how to block his employees and coworkers from connecting to him on FB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks