What's new

HTF NHL Fantasy League (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
pff...work? this should become your new job, if you are going to triumph over the power known as Nicoteam!

actually i've never done well in any fantasy league ever :)

CJ

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
The draft set up is nicer in ESPN because it goes by position and not by the entire league all at once. I couldnt set it up like that or I would have. I probably will only look at the top 50 or 60 players for my main draft. I hate the list setup because I never know who to pick down the line, haha.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Just a question: will we get the option to set our players daily or once a week? I was under the impression that it was daily, but I played a Yahoo basketball league last year where you set your roster once a week. Ticked a lot of people off, as I recall...

Oh, and fear the Bargain Hunters.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
You will be able to set your players daily. But they will have a certain number of spots for the season as like most leagues.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Thats a good question. Its been so long since I have played fantasy hockey I forgot. I'll see if I can find it for ya.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
What kind of time commitment is involved in this league? Can someone give a brief overview of the process of playing games? How does this thing work?

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Once you draft your players you will have to get into your team and put players into their positions each night or whenever they are playing so that you can get points for there scoring for the night.
The commitment for hockey is pretty big . You will, if you want to do well, have to adjust your team just about every night. As there is a hockey game going somewhere about every night.
You can get away with setting your team a few times a week as appossed to every night some weeks though and not loose to many points.
The games will be scored from sunday to saturday and all of the points your team makes that week, goals, assists, etc, will stack up against the opossing team and who ever has the most points for the week wins. Your team teh gets a win (1-0-0).
I have seen people not pay that much attention to there teams though and still do pretty well. Because they have players who play alot of minutes and they just leave them in all week without swicthing a position.

Also, how does everyone want to do the draft order. I would like to do something fair and random. Any ideas about a draft order let it be known.
One of my buddies did a lottery pick out of a hat on a webcam and then uploaded the video to a server for everyone to watch. I dont know that we need to go to those lengths but it was a good idea and no one was complaining about being picked 10th, LOL.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Well I dont want the number one draft pick so that shouldnt be a problem. haha. I think I can hit random order and it will do it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I just had a meeting with my "bored" of governors, and they have decided to fold the team citing Billy's new paper route as taking up too much time. Sorry guys, but the first one to email $50 gets Khabilbulin! (just joking).

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Sorry guys, I had to drop my team (Michigan Moose). It looks like I'll be relocating across the country in the next few months so any free time I may have had has gone right out the window.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I'm in as Baltimore Quakers

Paul - As for your question about forward positions, each player is given a LW,C,RW position that is the only position they are eligible for in your lineup. For example, Mario Lemiuex is listed as a Center so he can only be at that position in your lineup.

One thing I am not sure if is will players be given eligibility at multiple positions like baseball. As of now, it looks like each player only has one, but they may become eligible at multiple positions later in the season.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I figured it was better to drop out early than piss everyone off later. If this had been sort of set and forget, it would have been okay, but my schedule is brutal, so it doesn't seem like it would be fair to stay involved.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i probably would have been the fargin iceholes if i had seen johnny dangerously around the time i was thinking of a name :)

CJ

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Ok, we have a few more slots to fill for the league. If they do not get filled in the next week, I will go ahead and start our draft with the teams we currently have. So we can get our teams in order for the start of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks