HTF Members thoughts on the Mitsubishi HC3000u DLP Projector?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I've read some reviews and their all rather glowing but was curious about real world users of this projector. When it came out late last year, it broke the $3000 barrier for DLP 720p projectors. Prices are INCREDIBLE right now. Reviews say best black levels at this price point and beyond etc....Seems to have limited placement issues....

Feedback from HTF members: Positive or Negative....

Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
All the reviews I've read are pretty good. It needs a lot more calibrating than most other projectors out of the box.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I don't know what your budget is, but the new Mits. HC3100 solved the minor problems the 3000 had, plus it's uses the Dark Chip 3. It got an excellent review also.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
I still think you should save up a bit more and get the Pearl, 3-chip 2 million pixels each baby!

Why spend so much and just get "half HD"?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

...actually my budget is 2k at the very highest mark. Truthfully $1500 is more ideal which is what the Mits 3000u is now reduced too. One can always do better but this one was/is highly rated.

Now we hear how INCREDIBLE the new Panasonic is. It will be 2k street price and can be placed virtually anywhere where the Mits is extremely limited.

http://www.projectorreviews.com/Manu...100U/index.asp

Re: DLP...Yeah, I guess those "inky" blacks I read about and contrast are luring me that way. And I owned 2 Panasonic LCD pj and they were good for awhile b4 giving me some reliability issues.

Our very own Dave Mack has the Mits 3000u and is quite happy.

Now, I would gladly opt for the Pearl. Peter, can you loan me about $3000?

I've never seen the dreaded Rainbow effect some people have with DLPs and DO NOT want to know how to look for them either.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
What about the new Optoma HD70 for $999? With the $500 you save you can buy the Toshiba HD-DVD player. Projectorcentral.com already gave it a pretty good review. And a lot of guys at Avsforum already have it and are loving it. I'm very interested in the HD70 and the new Mitsubishi HD1000 coming out. The Mits. 3000 sounds great, but I don't want the 768p resolution.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaschoolei