What's new

HTF Madden 2004 PS2 Group (1 Viewer)

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Chris.....

After Friday night's games (Eagles / Lions) I have to get a new controller on the way home from work tomorrow. :angry:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I could not believe how that first game turned around. And the second one, I was just lucky to get it even close.

Corman

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I didn't see anyone on last night so I played my first regular online game.
It was amazing how lag free it was. I couldn't tell the difference between playing offline.
I ended up playing a very fun, cheese free game (I think the fair play rules help because you can't call fake field goals and such).
I ended up getting worked by someone playing the Raiders. Man, those guys intercept everything, especially Woodson.

I'll be looking for some late night games tonight(after UF/Miami)

Doug

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
Cory
That was I how I felt when we first played on Wed., when you were coming back on me dropped ball, dropped ball. I have to admit that my kick return fumble recovery for a touchdown was pretty cheesy. It made up for all of my "where did that guy come from" interceptions your team had. ;)
I wonder if the game does something to keep the games close at the end?
Our games have been my favorites because all three have come down to the wire when they seemed like blowouts.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Ok....

New controller..... $25

Anger management classes... $50

Whoppin' some ass on Madden tonight.... Priceless.

The room is set up and I'm waiting for some competition.

Corman

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
lol corman,

i wish i could have seen your face when they giants actually blocked the punt. talk about a quality nfc east matchup. i'm actually happy the eagles won, as they're my team too, but I so wanted to win.

2nd game was a heartbreaker, I knew I should have just gone for the FG, but man I wanted to win so bad. Bam INT, game over. Well, it was a good time. How about the INT and fumble on the same play, then the two fumbles on the other, craziness.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
Ryan,
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I about shat myself when I ate that punt. It's only the the second I've had blocked on me (the first being buried deep in my own endzone, so I wasn't relly surprised I ate that one) and I don't know if you noticed or not that I brought the heat more often on you when you punted.

You showed some brass ones going for it on the fourth down instead of the long (game tieing) FG. And then the INT right near the goal line.... wow.... just wow.

Anytime you are on, look me up. That was great fun tonight.

Corman

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
After that Gator collapse in Miami, the last thing I wanted to do was play video game football.
But, I did end up taking my frustrations on the Johnson led Falcons 90-14 in Franchise mode.

Doug

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Just played a game against Captain Cheese (not a HTF member) who played as the Falcons (subbed in Vick, am i the only one who has a problem with how EA handled injuries) and ran a spread formation and ran Vick the whole game. Long story short I fumbled on the kickoff return, went down 20-0 and then took control of his cheese and pulled out a 30-27 OT victory. I love beating cheesers, hate playing them, but man that victory is soooo sweet.

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
He's still on the roster, just lower on the depth chart. They don't change stats, just rearrange depth.

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoyed the games I played last night. Rudy trounced me with the Raiders. Woodson is an intercepting machine. We played on dialup and it was predominantly lag free, but I was down 28-21, had just blocked a kick for a TD and got the ball back, and experienced lag in a pass play that ended in an INT. This was in the 4th quarter and pretty much ended my shot. I think the final score was like 49-21.

Also played Corman. Game was fairly lag free, and then it got pretty bad. I came out on top of this game, which was fairly clean, no cheese fumbles. Held his offense to like 120 yards, and made me feel pretty good after losing two games to him the evening before. I will not be on tonight with the Eagles game on, but I'll see some of you on Tuesday.

We currently don't have enough people showing up to play tournaments yet. But I think the round robin is going fairly well. I don't know of anyone who is getting killed every game.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
The game I played with Ryan was relatively lag free except for a few times in the 3rd and 4th. It was close like he said 28-21, and then the Raiders defense came alive. It was the 1st game I played against a member of HTF. For some reason, I have been having problems logging on using my PS2, and my computer crashed last Thursday(it's currently at Gateway being fixed) so I'm actually posting this on my mom's PC. It hasn't been a good week for my electronics. I look forward to playing more people from HTF and hopefully my PC will be ready soon so I can keep up to date with the games and tournament.

Rudy

Jarvis_R

Agent
Any of you guys still playin? I check periodically, but theres never anyone in the room (if its even there).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks