Mike Hutman - Bengals
Christopher_S - 49ers
Chris_Eff - Lions
Jarvis_R - Bears
Brian Teal - Seahawks
Doug Schiller - Buccaneers
Richard Travale - Rams
AndrewW - Chargers

I know the XBOX is the console of choice for online gaming around these parts, but I'm a Madden fan, and the PS2 is the only console to play Madden. (due to the 4 shoulder buttons)So is anyone interested in starting up a Madden Group. We can just hang out in the lounge, have some friendly games, maybe create a schedule if people are committed. I'm not talking about a league, just a group of people who want to play some madden against fellow HTF'ers.

Reply if interested.

Ryan

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
I'm interested, however, I won't be picking up the PS2 version until the beginning of Sept. I always use the Raiders, not sure if that matters.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I plan on picking it up in the next 2 weeks, count me in.
Why dont we get a tournament going on, lets say in the beginning of sept.

(packers :D )

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
As soon as I get the things needed to get my PS2 on line, I would love to play some games with you all.
I don't think anyone wants them, but like playing as the Bangles:)

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
HTF Madden wars online? I'm there. My online info is in my sig. I always thought it'd be cool to form a password protected "HTF" room. Password? "OAR", of course.

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I dig the HTF/OAR room/password combination. Since my Eagles are taken, I would like the Browns. Maybe someone who is a little more web savvy can make a standings/Alias page when response to the league dies down, and we can start to officially track our results. I haven't gone online with madden yet, but my NCAA name is MMdeadlax97 and I assume that my Madden name will be the same.

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I still want to do this. I was waiting for the people who had not yet purchased the game to buy it.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Maybe we should set a start date. That way everyone interested should have the game by that date and we can start playing. I'm 99% sure I'm getting it Aug 31st-Sep 2nd, so I can be ready to play sometime around then.

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
I want in as well and I would like to live and die (probably mostly die) by the Lions. I am for a league but why don't we try a tournament around the begining of Sept to get our feet wet? Since those are already available in Madden.

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
I am in except for anything past 7:00 p.m EST on that Tuesday.
So that would be Sunday the 31st right?

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, the plan is to start Sunday the 31st, unless anyone would rather start earlier that weekend. Going by the responses in this room we currently have...

Ryan_Walsh - Browns
RudyN - Raiders
Cory Pals - Eagles
Richard Travale - ???
Dave Brogli - Packers
Mike Hutman - Bengals
Christopher_S -
Chris_Eff - Lions
Jarvis_R - Bears

Games will be 5 minutes on All-Pro setting. I find this difficulty level to be accomodating to newer players while quarterbacks do not complete every pass. The kicking system is a little difficult, but that's the game. I'd really like to get 16 people, but any even number is fine. I'll give the bye to the team that has the points scored/yards gained minus points allowed/yards allowed. This might seem backwards at first but it helps reduce the bias towards big play drives, and curtails giving a bye week to a player who may have just gotten lucky against a new player. I'm open to other suggestions, as these are just my thoughts at this time. This will be the first tournament but not the last. I am hoping play a tournament with each roster update (at least). I think EA will be updating its online rosters as the season progresses. At least I hope that is an addition to this years game.

Ryan

Ryan_Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Can a mod please edit the subject of this thread to "HTF PS2 Madden 2004 Tournament Signups"

Thanks.

Brian Teal

Grip
I'm down for some action.

I think I'll go with the Seahawks, though I've never played with them before. Good young secondary and receiving core, not to mention Shaun Alexander....Mmmm.

That start date works good for me, though I wont be able to start playing until I get off work on Sunday, at 6pm eastern time.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Well, I get back from vacation on the 30th, and will probably have to work the 31st, so I don't know if I'll be able to start that day. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread