HTF Live chats are top notch

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Dec 12, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I remember from last year there were quite a few HTF Chats and then nothing for a long time until last week when first we have Peter Staddon from Fox, then this week we have Van Ling, next week John Lowry about restoring classics and the week after that, Bob Gale from BTTF / Used Cars.

The first two are top notch, so I am sure the next two will be great as well.

Will we get other studios to follow suit, how about Martin Blythe from Paramount, Criterion again or Universal for that matter.

What do you HTFers think ?

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Oscar,
    I believe that Martin Blythe already commented about having a chat here, sometime next year.

Crawdaddy

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    HTF chats are excellent ways to promote diplomacy between us and studios (and guests)!

The last Fox chat was great (I missed the Van Ling one...but I attended the previous Ling chat) and I'm looking forward to the John Lowry chat

4. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Crawdaddy
    great news indeed. How about a more managable time for us folks here in the UK as well[​IMG]

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Oscar,

So glad to hear you enjoy the chats. We love
    doing them, and really appreciate the fact that
    the membership has really become more respectful
    towards the entire process.

I can't change the times of the chat. The problem
    is that both Parker and I work two jobs. We have
    to schedule these chats on a Monday or Tuesday night
    when we are both available and can both stay up a
    little later.

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

Ron and Parker,
    I just wanted to add that the HTF chats are greatly appreciated. I look forward to future chats, hopefully, from some studios we haven't heard from in the past. Keep up the wonderful work. Happy Holidays!

7. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Even though I don't have connectivity good enough to join the chats much less participate in them, I am happy to see that they have resumed in what appears to be full-force --so far, one every single week!!

I appreciate Ron and Parker for making them happen and the time given up to spend with the Home Theatre Forum community by our honoured guests.

Thank-you.

Looking forward to future transcripts,

Andrew

8. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

Ron,
    Maybe you could make it possible for members in different time zones to mail in some questions to you, or perhaps a admin with a little more spare time. (Only one each, of course.)
    Then, one of you could select the best 2-5 questions, and ask them on our behalf.
    Heck, I'm even in a worse time zone than Oscar! [​IMG]

9. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Ron
    Thanks for the kind words about the chats. Like Mark, I can only read them the next either here or via the Bits. How about I email you a question, would you then include this in the chat.
    Cheers
    Oscar
    [​IMG]

10. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Could we do something to eliminate duplicate questions? I read the transcripts and I cringe evry time the studio rep has to repeat himself by answering the same question. Most of the time it's someone saying "Sorry I just joined the chat, this may have been asked before..."

It would be nice to allow more questions to be answered and to eliminate asking the same question over and over.

Could the questions be IM'd to a moderator who could weed out duplicates? Or maybe only allow people to ask questions who have been present from the start?

The studio rep's time is valuable, I'd think he would appreciate not having to repeat himself.

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I agree that it's great to have these chats back. Sorry if I screwed up a bit at the Peter Staddon one; it was certainly not intentional! [​IMG] I'm glad these are coming off so well, and the sniping afterward seems to have gone away. [​IMG]
    I see what everyone means about duplicate questions, but I want to remind everyone that this is part of what Ron enjoys about spontaneous give-and-take. I particularly like it when a duplicated question gives a fresh insight into the answer. As an example, look in Peter's chat for the various answers about "Roswell".