What's new

HTF Live chats are top notch (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I remember from last year there were quite a few HTF Chats and then nothing for a long time until last week when first we have Peter Staddon from Fox, then this week we have Van Ling, next week John Lowry about restoring classics and the week after that, Bob Gale from BTTF / Used Cars.

The first two are top notch, so I am sure the next two will be great as well.

Will we get other studios to follow suit, how about Martin Blythe from Paramount, Criterion again or Universal for that matter.

What do you HTFers think ?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oscar,
I believe that Martin Blythe already commented about having a chat here, sometime next year.

Crawdaddy

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
HTF chats are excellent ways to promote diplomacy between us and studios (and guests)!

The last Fox chat was great (I missed the Van Ling one...but I attended the previous Ling chat) and I'm looking forward to the John Lowry chat

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Crawdaddy
great news indeed. How about a more managable time for us folks here in the UK as well:D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oscar,

So glad to hear you enjoy the chats. We love
doing them, and really appreciate the fact that
the membership has really become more respectful
towards the entire process.

I can't change the times of the chat. The problem
is that both Parker and I work two jobs. We have
to schedule these chats on a Monday or Tuesday night
when we are both available and can both stay up a
little later.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Ron and Parker,
I just wanted to add that the HTF chats are greatly appreciated. I look forward to future chats, hopefully, from some studios we haven't heard from in the past. Keep up the wonderful work. Happy Holidays!

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Even though I don't have connectivity good enough to join the chats much less participate in them, I am happy to see that they have resumed in what appears to be full-force --so far, one every single week!!

I appreciate Ron and Parker for making them happen and the time given up to spend with the Home Theatre Forum community by our honoured guests.

Thank-you.

Looking forward to future transcripts,

Andrew

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Ron,
Maybe you could make it possible for members in different time zones to mail in some questions to you, or perhaps a admin with a little more spare time. (Only one each, of course.)
Then, one of you could select the best 2-5 questions, and ask them on our behalf.
Heck, I'm even in a worse time zone than Oscar! :D

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Ron
Thanks for the kind words about the chats. Like Mark, I can only read them the next either here or via the Bits. How about I email you a question, would you then include this in the chat.
Cheers
Oscar
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jodee

Screenwriter
Could we do something to eliminate duplicate questions? I read the transcripts and I cringe evry time the studio rep has to repeat himself by answering the same question. Most of the time it's someone saying "Sorry I just joined the chat, this may have been asked before..."

It would be nice to allow more questions to be answered and to eliminate asking the same question over and over.

Could the questions be IM'd to a moderator who could weed out duplicates? Or maybe only allow people to ask questions who have been present from the start?

The studio rep's time is valuable, I'd think he would appreciate not having to repeat himself.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I agree that it's great to have these chats back. Sorry if I screwed up a bit at the Peter Staddon one; it was certainly not intentional! :eek: I'm glad these are coming off so well, and the sniping afterward seems to have gone away. :)
I see what everyone means about duplicate questions, but I want to remind everyone that this is part of what Ron enjoys about spontaneous give-and-take. I particularly like it when a duplicated question gives a fresh insight into the answer. As an example, look in Peter's chat for the various answers about "Roswell".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks