What's new

HTF League for ESPN Baseball (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm hoping we can put something together for online games of ESPN BB. Version 3.0 of live is supposed to make it easier to schedule games but until then we can set some stuff up here in the online scheduling area. I don't know about a full fledged league those are hard to co-ordinate. But at least get some players together for games.

I was going to buy both ESPN and MVP but from some of the MVP talk I'm gonna hunt a copy for rent first. Let's also remember that both ASB and Slugfest will be online this year. Slugfest while not realistic I bet will be heaps of fun online.

James T

Screenwriter
I'd be in for sure. I want the Toronto Jays(I'm still not used to the "Blue" being dropped).

How's it going to work? Rotations are 5-man, but I doubt, we're going to play 3-4 games against the same person. And if you do just play 1 game, is the ace just getting playing time? Not really entirely fair, if you have one great pitcher and mediocre other pitchers.

I played MVP and like it, but I still favour ESPN WSB from last year by just a bit. I can only hope that this years ESPN game will be much bigger. The bugs in MVP seemed worked out(at least in the 2 games I've played). And the animation is brilliant. I also like the pitching in MVP. No more guaranteed pitches.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I guess in MVP you can only play the #1 starter all the time (PS2) and with ESPN (Xbox) you cannot play with modified rosters so each game has it's quirks. I'm concerned that they say all versions of MVP stutter. I was going to get MVP but I'll head to BB tonight to see if I can rent. I think last years game was good and if ESPN tweaked it and add onliine play that plays well I'll be happy. I'm gonna be playin' as the Red Sox. And I actually like playing as the 4th and fifth starters it's easy to be the ace so look for wakes or Kim from Me..

James T

Screenwriter

Ugghh...A Knuckleball is my kryptonite. Real life or in games, I can't figure it out. Jose Canseco said it's the easiest pitch to hit a homerun(he's right, as he's got the homers off knucklers to show), but I still can't figure it out even though I know what's coming...of course, it could just be me planting a seed for strategy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks