What's new

HTF HD-DVD Review: Meet the Fockers (1 Viewer)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
ronsreviews_covers_86089.jpg">_ [b]

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe how many Universal HD DVD catalog titles I've rented lately that show edge enhancement even on my 57" display. Whatever the reason, absolutely unacceptable on a next generation format.

David Ruiz

Second Unit
Universal is notorious for releasing movies dripping with EE. Have you seen The Mummy on HD-DVD? Ugh! Horrible! And like you said... almost every single Universal title on HD-DVD (or even regular DVD for that matter) just has loads and loads of EE.

There were only a few Universal titles that I was pleased with on HD-DVD, "King Kong" being one of them.

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
yep, Universal has a issue with EE, but when they don't they put out some top notch stuff, like "The Sting"

U-571 is the worst IMHO, the D-Theater tape was the same as are many other comparisons between those and HD-DVD like Mummy

that most likely means Universal masters are to blame

there is simply no excuse for this Fockers release, Universal needs to change master houses or something :frowning:

-Gary

David Ruiz

Second Unit

Noooooo!!!!! I literally just bought U-571 on HD-DVD yesterday! I ordered it and it just shipped! Had I known about it, I never would have gotten it!!! Everyone kept saying that it had a "reference" picture! Ugh!!! I'm sooooooooooo mad now!!!!! I'm so mad I could scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Ruiz

Second Unit

That's not the point though! I love the movie. Why on earth does Universal have to be so bad when it comes to releasing films both on DVD and HD-DVD? Can't they get it right like other studios? Ugh!

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
David, the D-Theater tape is identical, I think Universal's problems lay in masters, I don't think they are adding EE to HD releases

Universal is great when on their game, "Billy Madison" (I recently reviewed) for example is nearly reference, and check out my upcoming review of "For Love of the Game" ;)

-Gary

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Many people LOVE sharpness. They crank their sets up, they dig "sharper" transfers. Unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks