What's new

HTF HD DVD Review: Balls of Fury (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
ronsreviews_covers_1468469.jpg">

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
There IS one little glimmer of light in this review however: Universal included some nice Scwag to go along with it... Two sealed Balls of Fury "Killerspin" ping pong paddles, and they are going to go to one of our lucky HTF readers!

To win, all ya gotta do is post in this thread "I've got an HD DVD deck and I'd love to get my hands on Universal's Balls!"

One entry per person! Contest is open till 11:59 PM EST on monday (tomorrow) night December 31st 2007. Open to US/Canada only. Entries must have been registered HTF members before today. No cash value, no substitution etc. Winners of other HTF promotions within the last 30 days not eligible, winners must be over 18, HTF staff not eligible. Void where prohibited.

Winner will be selected from all entries using the Random.Org integer random number generator to pick the winning post number. All decisions by me are final! =)

http://www.random.org/integers/

Roll will occur some time on Tuesday 1 January 2008, I'll post the official entry list before doing the roll and then actually run it. I assume there may and will be other comments in this thread dealing with the actual review, so ONLY those who have posted the phrase that pays will be entered! -- Good luck!

Sam

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
"I've got an HD DVD deck and I'd love to get my hands on Universal's Balls!"

Sam, you provide a service to this forum by not only running these contests but also sitting through movies like this to tell the rest of us not to. :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Well, there IS a market for movies like this Scott, I used to be part of it but now I'm not so sure =) I DO love a lot of dumb movies, this one just didnt do it for me, your mileage may vary =)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:

2Timestamp: 2008-01-02 03:36:28 UTC

So Mark, PM me your address, Scott better luck next time!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I saw this movie yesterday (on a friend's SD-DVD) and loved it. It really cracked me up, and I even enjoyed the deleted scenes and alternate ending (for me, they were funny scenes that just didn't fit the flow as opposed to material that was cut for being lousy).

Terry Crews cameos are consistently awesome. The bit where he sidled up to the table almost knocked me off the sofa.

This movie is Balls of GENIUS! :D

BTW, Sam, "Gaijin" is the Japanese word for foreigner. In this flick they were saying "gwailo," which is the Chinese word for "round-eye." (Ironically, it was spelled incorrectly as "gweilo" in the subtitles.)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Awesome Aaron, will update with that info. Terry Crews outburst was one of the highlights as was the reaction shot. The rest of the film didnt work for me, but I know that there are plenty of folks who will find it insanely amusing. It might also be one of those films you have to (accidentally!) see a few times before it really sinks in =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks