What's new

HTF Fantasy Football Thread (semi-official) (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
All signed up for this year for league II. Just a note, the team name JDLSquad has been retired in favor of Talking Heads. I am hoping a new name gives me some better luck.

J

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Brad, thanks for holding the spot for me. I'm in. There's a chance I may miss the live draft due to a rehearsal dinner, though. I swear, weddings will be my downfall.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
All the remaining draft times are before noon on weekdays, so you may have to contract the 24 hour flu to keep you out of the rehearsal dinner (unless, of course, it's your wedding). :)

So far we've got 9 signed up.
Alex-C
Brad Porter
Danny R
John Dhein
Justin Lane
David Lawson
Mark Dubbelboer
Doug R
Thomas H G

The following four people have to fight to get one of the last three spots:
Ross Williams
Chris
Todd Henry
BryanZ

And I have no idea about these two guys who were in it last year and were sent an invitation:
Dean DeMass
Brett Hancock

I'm going to have to say first-come, first-served at this point because I posted the league info last Friday and sent out PMs over the weekend. Snoozers are losers.

Brad

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I'm in. My draft is going to probably going to suffer though. I'm out of town that week, I have no idea if I'll have access to the internet. I'll live with auto-draft, see if I can get a decent team that way. Arghh... who am I kidding, auto-draft sucks!!

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Consider me the last alternate. I probably can't make the draft or else I will be buzzed from Happy Hour. The league will be better if someone who can make the draft instead of me.

Todd

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
There's still one spot open in League II!!!!!

Also, for those of you that aren't checking the league site, we are debating the roster and scoring.

I've set it up with multiple flex positions and passing touchdowns equal to 4 points. Two people have said they want fixed rosters without flex positions and passing touchdowns to count for 6 points.

What is everyone's opinion on this?

Here's mine:

- I like the flex positions. It allows teams to respond to injuries, bad matchups, and bye weeks without scouring the waiver wire. Since I've put in 16 roster spots, most of the talent will be on somebody's team. For any given week, the 4th receiver might have a better shot at giving points than the second running back. More likely, the third running back will have better potential than the third wide receiver. This places a bit of a premium on running backs (even moreso than what already exists).

- I also prefer to limit passing touchdowns because it brings the QBs closer in scoring to the other positions (and also closer to the other QBs). This isn't that big of a deal to me, though.

So sound off League II'ers. I'd like to hear a few more opinions before I change anything. If I don't hear anything I'll change the settings since I'm currently outnumbered 2 to 1.

Brad

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah. Fantasy Football. Forgot about that with everything else going on..:b

We have one person that's wanting to join the original league from last year. To add him, we'd actually need two people to join up as to keep it even.

I know that Brad needs one more for his league and this would be perfect to add this person, but I'm not sure if he wants to stay in the same league with same people. I know it's my fault for just starting up a new league and not waiting for everyone from the first league to chime in..

Ah well.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
There's still one spot open in League II!!!!!
I'd like to fill that spot! :D I thought that all of the spots were filled so I haven't been paying attention to the threads here. I'm currently in 1st place in the HTF Baseball league and am a very active owner. Please give me the league info and I'll sign up.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
We have one person that's wanting to join the original league from last year.
If you're talking about BryanZ, he joined League II.

Tim - the signup info can be found in post #56 of this thread.

Jon_Are - You're on the outside looking in unless my petty whining and bickering about the lineup settings and QB scoring drive someone to drop out. I don't think anybody wants to go more than 12 teams. Sorry. Maybe you and Todd Henry can start League III.

Brad

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Just signed up for League II. My team name is California Quakes.

Brad - I'm with you on the flex positions and the QB scoring. The flex positions add a little more strategy and giving 4 pts for passing TDs keeps the QBs from dominating the scoring.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
You may want to check with David Lawson or Ross Williams to see if they would rather have you draft for one of them rather than leaving it up to the autodraft. They both have indicated that they might not make the draft time.

I'm not sure which is scarier, having somebody you don't know draft your team or having the autodraft do it for you. :)

Brad

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I will relinquish my spot for someone else.
I was wondering why there are still only eleven teams on the league site. Running away, eh?

I'll PM Jon_Are the good news.

And FYI, the flex positions are gone. Now I'm going to go home and bite my pillow. :D

Brad

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Aye Cap'n, it was BryanZ. Thanks for messaging me that you already signed up somewhere else, Bryan! ;)

I guess I'll change it back to 12 owners. This commissioner stuff is for the birds already. :D

Btw, I added a WR/RB slot to our (#1) league and adjusted the points for passing TDs. It does seem that they're overvalued in the Yahoo default settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks