What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time Sept/Oct 2016 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm in for Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte!

It's great to have more Olivia and Bette on Blu. :) Thanks, Twilight Time!
I remember seeing that film for the first time in a movie theater when I was a kid and that scene in the greenhouse with Bruce Dern scared the crap out of me.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Definitely Runaway Train and Remo for me. The bullet train looks like a fun japanese version of the star studded 70s disaster films like Airport or Towering Inferno. I could give it a try. And while Ive never heard of From Noon til Three, thos blurb from tcm.com has me intrigued: One of the strangest and most overlooked film westerns, From Noon Till Three(1976) begins with a nightmare, ends with madness and in between unreels as both a light romantic comedy, a send-up of heroic period pieces and a revisionist look at the making of myths of the Old West.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Sadly no Die Die My Darling (1965), Eyes Of Laura Mars (1978) or Light Of Day (1987) yet but I keep hoping. Twilight Time, any chance of those three titles seeing the Light Of Blu as a TT release?

That being said, I'll be in for:

MURPHY’S LAW (1986): More Charles Bronson, the Better.

FROM NOON TILL THREE (1976): Ditto

EYE OF THE NEEDLE (1981): Spy thrillers are always a hit with me, even the spoofs like The Ambushers (1967, Kino would be a good candidate for those Dean Martin as Matt Helm spoofs).

9 TO 5 (1980) : This one for memories from the time period the film was released. I was still stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba at the time and watch this on the big Navy outdoor theater screen.

HUSH…HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE (1964): This long-demanded by HTF folks classic has my curiosity. I'll avoid reading the Wiki on it till I get it since I have not yet seen it.

BOXCAR BERTHA (1972): Never heard of this film till today but a quick Wiki lookup revealed it to be a Roger Corman film which immediately perked my interest. Kind of a precursor to Big Bad Mama (1974, recently releaseed on Blu).

Last edited:

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
There must be a huge Bronson fan at Twilight. They released lots of Bronson movies in the past.

"From Noon Till Three" shows Bronson in an unusual role. I like that movie.

"Bobby Deerfield" is a Pacino movie I haven´t seen for a long time.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
The Chase...Absolutely!!!!
From Noon till Three is a gem. Well written clever film about fame, notoriety and myth by Frank Gilroy and a great score by Elmer Bernstein.
Hush Hush....Yes Yes!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Hard to believe that 9 to 5, a huge hit, has to go the exclusives route on Blu, but that's where we're at. Solid lineup for fall.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Some wonderful titles coming. But I think the one that stands out for me is Sydney Pollack's film Bobby Deerfield. I always felt the film was un-justly mangled but critics, it is bleak but bittersweet and quite memorable IMO. Since it is Sony will it have a 2k or 4k remaster?

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Some wonderful titles coming. But I think the one that stands out for me is Sydney Pollack's film Bobby Deerfield. I always felt the film was un-justly mangled but critics, it is bleak but bittersweet and quite memorable IMO. Since it is Sony will it have a 2k or 4k remaster?
4k for Bobby Deerfield and The Chase. In fact The Chase is going to be premiered at the Bologna Film Festival and may play some limited theatrical engagements.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
They've been sitting on Runaway Train for quite a while as it was leaked some time ago that it was in the works. I've been waiting patiently.

Stefan Andersson

Second Unit
A good line-up.

Eye of the Needle had a different European ending, according to the ImdB:

NTSC DVD R1 and PAL DVD R2, have different endings. European PAL DVD version ending is approx. 1.5 minutes longer. In the last scene, the helicopter arrives and lands, there is a conversation with the commander about the radio transmission being interrupted and finally the child arrives and reunites with his mother. it's sort of a happy end. This ending was cut from NTSC DVD version.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I understand that Bullet Train was cut by around 30 minutes when it was released in the US. Which cut will be available? I have always been interested in the title as a "disaster" film that appears to have influenced Speed.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
I understand that Bullet Train was cut by around 30 minutes when it was released in the US. Which cut will be available? I have always been interested in the title as a "disaster" film that appears to have influenced Speed.
We assume this is is the full length version as it is a brand new restoration that Toei has been running this year at several international film festivals.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Kind of odd that there isn't a single genuine Halloween-worthy title...HUSH HUSH is really a Gothic thriller and not a horror film. After a fairly grizzly first act, the film simply becomes one of the many titles before (GASLIGHT, THE NIGHT WALKER) and since (MASQUERADE and others) that depict a man trying to drive his wife nuts. It hasn't really aged well, IMO. Fun, though.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Like many here, I'm ecstatic that Remo Williams has an official release date! I rented it so many times as a kid and now I can finally retire the open-matte MGM DVD!

I'm also in for Boxcar Bertha, Bobby Deerfield, and The Chase! Early Scorsese, Pacino, and mid-60s Brando--how can I say no?

Thanks again, Twilight Time! Another fantastic month of releases!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I remember seeing that film for the first time in a movie theater when I was a kid and that scene in the greenhouse with Bruce Dern scared the crap out of me.

Seriously.

Baby Jane
, Hush Hush, and a couple of those others had me absolutely terrified because of those key scenes, and this one (including a certain reference to it later in the movie) took the cake. I loved, loved, loved those films, even though they probably contributed to more than a few nightmares back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks