What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time Sept/Oct 2015 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

marsnkc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrew
atfree said:
Me too. I've basically stopped buying any post 1970 titles on disc as most that I want from post 1970 are already out (John Wayne excluded but I only need Chisum, McQ and The Shootist from his 70's output). My purchases have declined this year as well.

Love every frame of The Shootist. That and The Cowboys are huge favorites.

Thank goodness there are no absolute essentials here. This year has been brutal - 30 TT titles so far. Badly need some breathing space.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Ernest Borgnine was one of the guests on the very first TCM Classic Movie Cruise in 2011 and he made appearances at screenings of The Poseidon Adventure and Emperor Of The North. We were told during the introduction of the film that Borgnine himself requested they program Emperor, which he felt was one of his best and most overlooked performances.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Never got the '99 SD of JC Vampires, so I'll get that one only. I have all the rest in the Mid-nite Movies packs.

marsnkc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrew
JohnMor said:
Boy, I wish I could say that! Between TT and Criterion alone this year I've nearly had to take to robbing banks to fund my blu-ray purchases. That's why I'm so grateful for this 2 month breather.

Let me know if you're serious, John. I've seen Bonnie and Clyde so pretty sure I could handle a getaway car. (I'll be ok with 30%).

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Maybe Emperor of the North for me. I should be happy my wallet is so healthy thanks to the last few batches released by TT and Criterion. Just hoping by some miracle we get another Solomon and Sheba or Man For all Seasons type surprise in the years to come.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Twilight Time! For the first time in over a year, my bank account can take a nap! I truly hope these titles are massive sellers for you so that they can fund more classics from the 40s, 50s and 60s. I still have some catching up to do with previously released titles so I'm fine with you continuing this trend for November and December 2015. Then start 2016 with a bumper crop of great Fox, UA and Sony titles from the classic era.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Michael Elliott said:
I'll be somewhat disappointed if 10 TO MIDNIGHT doesn't get some sort of extras. Not to mention the price thing but oh well. I'll still get this one.

I only expect a trailer as an extra feature. I don´t think that somebody will do an audio commentary.

But I´ve got to admit it would be great if they could get co-stars Andrew Stevens, Lisa Eilbacher and Gene Davis to do new interviews for the upcoming blu-ray release.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thomas T said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Twilight Time! For the first time in over a year, my bank account can take a nap! I truly hope these titles are massive sellers for you so that they can fund more classics from the 40s, 50s and 60s. I still have some catching up to do with previously released titles so I'm fine with you continuing this trend for November and December 2015. Then start 2016 with a bumper crop of great Fox, UA and Sony titles from the classic era.

Im sure they will be big sellers - horror movies usually are. Ill be part of that group. I also love older movies from the 30s to the 70s. I usually get the best of both worlds. I can watch The Big Heat and Fright Night on the same day if Im in a TT release watching kind of mood. Im also getting the Best of Everything, House of Bamboo, Guess Who's Coming to dinner as well..

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Wow very happy to see these released but surprised they are not being released by Kino or Shout:

Count Yorga Vampire

Scream and Scream again

2 definite purchases.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
PG-13 started in 1984. There was no PG13 rating in 1970. The DVD was reported to be the uncut R rated version. Many times studios add PG13 ratings to older R movies because that's what they would be rated if released today. So as far as everything I have read the DVD was the uncut R-Rated version. Should be the same cut here.

schan1269 said:
All DVD releases(AFAIK) have been PG13. Film was originally made to be R, but cuts were made for it to be shown in drive-ins.

If a disc is released "in original R"...I'd buy it yesterday...

I have the "midnight series" 2-fer already. Still made/sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks