What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time November 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these November Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

SAYONARA (1957) BLU-RAY - November 14th

BANANAS (1971) BLU-RAY - November 14th

* DR DOLITTLE (1967) BLU-RAY - November 14th

GIDGET (1959) BLU-RAY - November 14th

THE YELLOW HANDKERCHIEF (1977) BLU-RAY - November 14th

* Sourced from a new 4k restoration that is still in preparation

moviepas

Supporting Actor
At last Sayonara which is another Blu ray long waited for that I scratch off my list. I have the laserdisc of which one disc went funny as can happen. That release had the original Warner Bros release logo at the front but I think Fox released the LD. Dr Dooliitle has have in the German release but for good reason I will order the TT release.
Now if only centennial Summer can come back on the table, add, still no Can Can. That's the one that had a previous scene repeated on the other side of an LD release!!!! Some Fox LDs did some funny things but that was the best we had then other than video.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Can we please get Robert Wise's Star! too? But yes, can't wait for Doolittle, Sayonara and Gidget. If you're in doubt about angels being real...

Reactions: PMF

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Finally! The Doctor Dolittle obsessed can be happy. :) Bananas takes us near the end of the United Artists / Orion Woody Allen library. If I am figuring correctly, we just have Alice remaining.

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Another 4 titles for me on release date. Thanks for Bananas, Sayonara, Gidget, and Doctor Dolittle.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
What a fantastic month of releases!!! While I have zero interest in Bananas, I'm over the moon with the news of Sayonara and Gidget, happy for Doctor Dolittle (knowing TT, I'm sure it's the complete Roadshow cut) and I've an interest in Japanese cinema so Yellow Handkerchief will be a blind buy for me. Hoping for commentaries on Gidget, Sayonara and Doctor Dolittle (I'm sure Samantha Eggar would be more than happy to contribute if asked).

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Superb diversity of releases this month! I haven't seen Dolittle since I was a kid so it will be great to revisit and early Woody Allen can't be beat.

Thank you TT for continuing to be the best of the indie boutique labels.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Thank you TT for Sayonara and Dr. Dolittle. This is an eclectic release month that I am sure will please many people.
I'm tickled pink!!! Two titles for my collection!!!

I'm down for Sayonara and Dr. Doolittle. I have the Australian release, but TT's version should be much improved. And will have a couple of Bonus features, I hope.

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
THE YELLOW HANDKERCHIEF is an amazing film. DR. DOOLITTLE isn't, but it does have the most breathtaking 65mm photography by Robert Surtees, so it's a must buy. I saw SAYONARA as a child, and I remember how beautiful it looked. All in all, a very impressive line-up.

And if I may be allowed to digress...a few months ago, I was watching the Warner Archive Blu of THE YAKUZA, which really for the first time allows one to study the subtle facial gestures and performance style of Ken Takakura. I thought to myself, "Gosh, it would be great if someone like Twilight Time brought out BRUTAL TALES OF CHIVALRY & THE YELLOW HANDKERCHIEF." I even considered sending an email request to Twilight Time, but then thought better of it. "No," I thought to myself," it will never happen." Clearly the folks at Twilight Time are mind readers (or we like the same films.)

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Finally, we'll get GIDGET in full CinemaScope! All previous home video transfers of it have been full-frame, including laserdisc. Even an airing on TCM just last week reverted to full-frame after letterboxed credits. This has been a long time coming. A huge shout-out to TT!

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Finally, we'll get GIDGET in full CinemaScope! All previous home video transfers of it have been full-frame, including laserdisc. Even an airing on TCM just last week reverted to full-frame after letterboxed credits. This has been a long time coming. A huge shout-out to TT!

SS NORMANDIE

Agent
Real Name
Patrick
Fantastic selection of titles for November. Being a Sandra Dee fan, I'm really looking forward to purchasing "Gidget" in all its HD widescreen glory. It's sadly often forgotten how popular Ms. Dee was at the box office back in the late 1950's through the mid 1960's, this in addition to being a wildly successful teen model prior to her movie career. It's amazing to me that she still does not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Many thanks to Twilight Time and Sony/Columbia Pictures for making this enjoyable movie available in its proper aspect ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks