What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time May/June 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Bob Furmanek has said that the original stereo tracks did not survive but I'd be happy with a new stereo remix like the one done for Those Redheads From Seattle

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BrutalTalesOfChivalry_BD.jpg

Japan’s legendary Ken Takakura stars in Toei Studios’ pioneering first film of the

yakuza-chivalry series that helped propel him to the top rank of international cinema icons. Featuring a new interview with producer Toru Yoshida.

BRUTAL TALES

OF CHIVALRY

(SHÔWA ZANKYÔ-DEN)

Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release

Only 3,000 units available at www.twilighttimemovies.com & www.screenarchives.com

Once they are gone – they are gone!

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017

“One of the first stylized films that properly introduced fans to the yakuza’s origins.” – Jaeki Cho, complex.com

“Directed by Toei veteran Kiyoshi Saeki…a crucial film in [Ken] Takakura’s career for shaping his unique style of tateyaku (‘heroic leading man’).” – Pablo Knote, tasteofcinema.com

Director Kiyoshi Saeki brings us Brutal Tales of Chivalry (Shôwa zankyô-den, 1965), starring the great Ken Takakura as an admirably upright yakuza who returns from World War II to find his hometown destroyed. While helping to rebuild, he is enlisted in a fight against a savage gang whose members fail to share his ideas about chivalry and honor. [Region A Locked]

LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

[URL='http://www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies']www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies[/URL]​

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Inferno3D_BD.jpg

“The picture rings true and persuasive….Since [director Roy] Baker obviously cares more for substance than shenanigans, the horse, for the first time in 3D feature history, is allowed to supersede the cart” (The New York Times). Robert Ryan, Rhonda Fleming and William Lundigan

star in a scorching desert survival 3D/2D tale in vivid Technicolor and striking 1080p hi-def,

equipped with exclusive eye-opening Bonus Features.

INFERNO

Only 3,000 units available at www.twilighttimemovies.com & www.screenarchives.com

“A fine 20th Fox entry for the 3D craze of 1953…a straight survival tale with a homicidal twist…it makes us feel like we’re in a real desert.” – Glenn Erickson, Trailers from Hell

“Three-D and Technicolor are used effectively in this suspense melodrama…Roy Baker’s direction accents the forceful drama capably…Excellent cinematography by Lucien Ballard.” Variety

The one and only Robert Ryan stars in Inferno (1953) as a crusty millionaire left in the desert to die by his wife (Rhonda Fleming) and her lover (William Lundigan). This tale of survival is enriched as Ryan transforms, via his ordeal, from a bitter defeatist to a crafty new man. Directed by Roy Baker and shot by legendary cinematographer Lucien Ballard (The Wild Bunch).

[URL='http://www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies']www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies[/URL]​

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TheManInTheMoon_BD.jpg

Movie newcomer, future Election, Legally Blonde and Wild star and Walk the Line Academy Award® winner Reese Witherspoon is “unforgettable” (Leonard Maltin) in this timeless and tender tale of romantic awakening and loss that marked the final film from acclaimed director Robert Mulligan

(To Kill a Mockingbird, Summer of ’42), making its highly awaited Blu-ray premiere.

THE MAN

IN THE MOON

The Man in the Moon is a wonderful movie, but it is more than that, it is a victory of tone and mood. It is like a poem.” – Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

“A small, fond film that achieves a kind of quiet perfection…Mr. Mulligan gets an outstandingly natural performance out of Miss Witherspoon, who has no trouble carrying a lot of the film single-handedly.” – Janet Maslin, The New York Times

Director Robert Mulligan (To Kill a Mockingbird) brings us another touching drama set in a small Southern town, The Man in the Moon (1991), focusing on two sisters (Reese Witherspoon, in her film début, and Emily Warfield). Mother (Tess Harper) and father (Sam Waterston) are wary of potential suitors, and yet one (Jason London) arrives, throwing the family into a kind of turmoil. Gail Strickland also stars; the film is shot by the legendary Freddie Francis and features a score by the marvelous James Newton Howard.

www.facebook.com/twilighttimemovies

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TheStoneKiller_BD.jpg

The Chato’s Land team of star Charles Bronson, director Michael Winner and screenwriter Gerlad Wilson move from Western badlands to menacing cityscapes in this power-packed policier about the hunt for a mob-organized hit squad, exploding onto hi-def Blu-ray with a 2017 Sony 4K restoration transfer and an Audio Commentary by Bronson biographer Paul Talbot.

The STONE KILLER

The Stone Killer is a superior example of its type – tough cop against the mob – and probably the best violent big-city police movie since Dirty Harry…Winner directs it with great zeal.” – Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

“Distinguished by the appearance of Bronson and its interesting plot…Bronson shows everyone that he can be a rock-solid killing machine when he has to be.” TV Guide

Star Charles Bronson and director Michael Winner (The Mechanic) team up again in The Stone Killer (1973), the tale of a tough cop (Bronson) up against a Mafia plot to avenge a decades-old massacre. The twist: the Don (Martin Balsalm) is using Vietnam vets as his hit men. John Gardner’s book was adapted by Gerald Wilson, and the score is from Roy Budd.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Who'llStopTheRain_BD.jpg

A powerful and haunting thriller about dark choices and consequences now blazes on Blu-ray: “Characters are memorable, casting is perfect, dialogue is sharp and imaginative, and direction

of actors strong. It’s good to see Michael Moriarty in a non-neurotic role, and Nick Nolte,

looking fit, is an action hero to rival Rambo” (Danny Peary, Guide for the Film Fanatic).

From the director of Morgan! and The French Lieutenant’s Woman.

Who’ll Stop

The Rain

“A story of people at war with themselves after Vietnam screwed them up…You have the sharply drawn characters, the purity of a brilliantly orchestrated pursuit, and the obsession all the characters feel.” – Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times

“A corking couple-on-the-run adventure pic, given depth in its focus on the personal disarray, the growing governmental corruption, and the effects of that most unpopular, divisive Vietnam war on America.” Variety

Director Karel Reisz’s adaptation of Robert Stone’s acclaimed novel, Dog Soldiers (with a screenplay by Stone and Judith Rascoe), Who’ll Stop the Rain (1978) focuses on a trio of Vietnam War casualties: a war correspondent (Michael Moriarty), a merchant marine (Nick Nolte), and the former’s drug-addicted wife (Tuesday Weld). This trio becomes involved in a desperate plan to smuggle a load of heroin from Vietnam to San Francisco; a team of interested thugs are soon in hot pursuit.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I have the U.K. 3D Blu-ray of Inferno, but as a supporter for more 3D releases I will purchase the Twilight Time release. I know that it will equal or surpass and I will not be disappointed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have the U.K. 3D Blu-ray of Inferno, but as a supporter for more 3D releases I will purchase the Twilight Time release. I know that it will equal or surpass and I will not be disappointed.
I would like to, but I already have two different UK 3-D blu-rays of this film. Since I'm retired now, I have to be more selective in my discretionary spending. With that said, I wonder what the bonus material will be on this release. If there's a commentary on it then I might have to reconsider this release.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
I would like to, but I already have two different UK 3-D blu-rays of this film. Since I'm retired now, I have to be more selective in my discretionary spending. With that said, I wonder what the bonus material will be on this release. If there's a commentary on it then I might have to reconsider this release.

Special Features: Isolated Music Track in Stereo / Audio Commentary with Film Historian Alan K. Rode and Robert Ryan’s Daughter Lisa Ryan / A New Dimension of Noir: Filming Inferno in 3D / Original Theatrical Trailer

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Special Features: Isolated Music Track in Stereo / Audio Commentary with Film Historian Alan K. Rode, Robert Ryan’s Daughter Lisa Ryan, and Actress Rhonda Fleming / A New Dimension of Noir: Filming Inferno in 3D / Original Theatrical Trailer
Thanks Nick, now you got me over a barrel.:)

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Thanks Nick, now you got me over a barrel.:)
Well, we don't want that - how come you already have 2 versions from the UK? (And, by the way it turns out Rhonda Fleming is not on the commentary track, but she is in the documentary. These were produced for Fox a decade ago when Fox planned to release the title themselves.)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
He probably has the one from Panamint..
Im getting the TT release, no questions asked, I have to support the USA labels..

Also, is it possible that you can pry the film Mothra from Mill Creek. That's such a great movie, it really should be in HD in the USA .. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, we don't want that - how come you already have 2 versions from the UK? (And, by the way it turns out Rhonda Fleming is not on the commentary track, but she is in the documentary. These were produced for Fox a decade ago when Fox planned to release the title themselves.)
The first one was Region B and then it came out on Region A so I double-dipped.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TheBridgeAtRemagen_BD.jpg

The producer of The Devil’s Brigade and the director of The Blue Max join forces for a hard-hitting recreation of one of World War II’s most decisive battles, outfitted with a terrific cast and a propulsive Elmer Bernstein score, soldiering onto a spectacular hi-def Blu-ray!

THE BRIDGE

AT REMAGEN

RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JUNE 13, 2017

“The taking of a bridge provides the basis for an actionful World War II melodrama…Against this background chief interest rests in the performance of George Segal, a hardboiled American platoon leader.” Variety

“Bristles with excitement…tense, properly chaotic and colorful. Mr.Guillermin, and his excellent photographer, have whipped up some fine, frenzied warfare on the bridge.” – Howard Thompson, The New York Times

The Bridge at Remagen (1969) stars George Segal, Ben Gazzara, and Robert Vaughn in this tale of a desperate battle in the waning days of World War II. Segal is a war-weary combat team leader charged with taking a bridge over the Rhine during the Allies’ final push into Germany; Vaughn is his German opposite number, who’d rather blow up the bridge than have the Americans capture it. John Guillermin (The Towering Inferno) directs; the film was shot by the masterful veteran Stanley Cortez and features a score by the one and only Elmer Bernstein.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks