What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time May 2018 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.44327

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these May Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.
safariscreensnapz001-copy-png.44328

GERONIMO: AN AMERICAN LEGEND (1993) BLU-RAY – May 22nd
NEXT STOP, GREENWICH VILLAGE (1976) BLU-RAY – May 22nd (Brand New 4K Transfer)
HILDA CRANE (1956) BLU-RAY – May 22nd (New 2K Transfer)
THE BIRTH OF A NATION (1915) (The Kevin Brownlow / Photoplay Restoration; 2015) BLU-RAY – May 22nd

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 5,887
  • SafariScreenSnapz001 copy.png
    SafariScreenSnapz001 copy.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 6,004
Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmm, I must say some interesting titles. I don't think I ever seen Hilda Crane in its entirety. Geronimo is a definite purchase along with The Birth of a Nation. I know I never seen Next Stop, Greenwich Village.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This might be one of those months in which I purchase all four titles as I'm always on the lookout for films I've never seen before as I vaguely remember Hilda Crane, but, nothing on Next Stop, Greenwich Village.

Regarding Geronimo: An American Legend, I have to assume there is going to be an audio commentary with Walter Hill or possibly John Milius based on their previous working relationship with Nick Redman. I love Duvall's portrayal of Al Sieber as I always compare it to John McIntire's casting of Al Sieber in Apache and Richard Widmark in Mr. Horn. Wes Studi was perfect for Geronimo.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I've been waiting a long time for Geronimo. While I've heard of Next Stop, Greenwich Village I'm ashamed to say I've never seen it because it's just the kind of film that I would be into. I'm totally unfamiliar with Hilda Crane but could be persuaded... I already have Birth of a Nation on Blu-ray and really don't need to buy it yet again.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A quite varied and very interesting assortment of titles. I've never seen Hilda Crane either, but a CInemascope Blu-ray is a must. I saw Next Stop, Greenwich Village in its theatrical release in a nearly empty theater and enjoyed it a lot.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Geronimo is a definite for me; Gene Hackman and Robert Duval are among my favourite actors. Next Stop Greenwich Village will also join my collection; as I recall it is a quirky film.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Interesting that TT are releasing the Photoplay restoration of Birth of a Nation as I could have sworn reading that Flicker Alley would be the ones releasing it on this side of the Atlantic. While I don’t think I’ll be purchasing it (I have the Kino Blu and I don’t really watch it all that much), I can’t help but wonder if we can expect more silent films from TT, especially if they’re more Photoplay restorations not owned by Warner (I’ve been particularly eager for a US release of the Photoplay restoration of Nosferatu).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A quite varied and very interesting assortment of titles. I've never seen Hilda Crane either, but a CInemascope Blu-ray is a must. I saw Next Stop, Greenwich Village in its theatrical release in a nearly empty theater and enjoyed it a lot.

Another esoteric group of releases. GREENWICH VILLAGE is a cool movie for anyone who has direct memories of that part of NYC in the 60's and early 70's. Because it's so location-specific even down to its title, relatively few of us nation-wide had actually experienced that particular section of NYC during its heyday (I was fortunate enough to have spent a bit of time there), thus probably the small audiences in 1976. It's one of my favorite Mazursky films, loaded with period atmosphere.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nothing on my wishlist, or movies Ive even heard of - save for The Birth of a Nation.
It is a movie I might be interested in , but a 192 minute silent film seems pretty long and I dont know if my attention span can handle it lol :D
Maybe split it in half like a serial ?

I do have Lang's Spies in my collection so it's not like Im anti long silent film :)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm in for BOAN! I held off from purchasing the Kino edition and the BFI edition, as I heard word this was going to be released soon. I wonder how many of the extras from the 2015 BFI release will be ported over? I'm hoping all of them, as I don't want to have to purchase both.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Another esoteric group of releases. GREENWICH VILLAGE is a cool movie for anyone who has direct memories of that part of NYC in the 60's and early 70's. Because it's so location-specific even down to its title, relatively few of us nation-wide had actually experienced that particular section of NYC during its heyday (I was fortunate enough to have spent a bit of time there), thus probably the small audiences in 1976. It's one of my favorite Mazursky films, loaded with period atmosphere.

Did you say "esoteric"?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Kevin Brownlow has the Midas touch; therefore The Birth of a Nation becomes an indispensable release.
I've only seen Hilda Crane in a P&S tv print so this is also a must.
I've seen the other two; will get them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks