What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time July/August 2016 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Just checked IMDB for some info on The Most Beautiful Wife. It sounds quite fascinating, a Mafia story about...well, check it out. But for music enthusiasts, it boasts an Ennio Morricone score! That alone makes it a must buy!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Pardon my ignorance but will Miss Sadie Thompson also include the 2D cut. I can't stand 3D myself so unless a 2D HD cut is included it's just Theatre Of Blodd and the Tony Rome double bill for me.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
I'm very grateful that they're providing the option of 3-D for those of us that do appreciate it!

It's so important to present these films as they were intended to be seen, but it's also great that both viewing options can be included to keep everyone happy.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
This announcement has made my day! Miss Sadie Thompson 3D has been om my want list since I got my 3D TV. Thank you Twilight Time!! And The Gang's All Here! was equally wanted, it would make a great 3D conversion. Now if we could get The French Line......

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
All 3D Blu-rays are supposed to be backwards compatible to playback in 2D, as mandated by the Blu-ray spec. Some manufacturers include both versions on the same disc (as will likely be the case here), while others choose to include separate 2D and 3D discs. But if you're buying a movie that's labeled as 3D, you can take comfort in the knowledge that the BDA requires it to include a 2D option.

(The only known exceptions to this are Disney's release of "Oz The Great And Powerful" and their "Toy Story" trilogy 3D box set. Those included only the BD3D disc that would not play in 2D, and did not include a separate 2D disc. The individual Toy Story 3D releases included both 2D and 3D versions, but they also made a box set with the three movies that included only the 3D discs. To the best of my knowledge, I've never heard of Disney being penalized for doing this. Also to the best of my knowledge, no one has attempted to do this since.)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I must say I have to wonder about the necessity of a HD blu ray of Zelig. Woody Allen intentionally made the film to look faded, soft looking, scratchy and grainy to simulate old newsreels of the 1920s. Will HD make the film look even more faded, soft looking, scratchy and grainy? If so, I suppose I've answered my own question.

mBen989

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I was wondering why Theater of Blood was missing from both of the Shout! Factory sets.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I must say I have to wonder about the necessity of a HD blu ray of Zelig. Woody Allen intentionally made the film to look faded, soft looking, scratchy and grainy to simulate old newsreels of the 1920s. Will HD make the film look even more faded, soft looking, scratchy and grainy? If so, I suppose I've answered my own question.
I'm baffled by comments like this at this point in time of HD home video releases.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm baffled by comments like this at this point in time of HD home video releases.

I'm not of the opinion that everything needs to upgraded to hi def. For many films, the "improvements" will be marginal which I suppose for some people is enough to justify an HD release. I just upgrade to films that 1) are particular personal favorites or 2) need an improvement over their present presentation. I realize that that many (especially in a forum such as this) have a quite different viewpoint.

BixmanJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I don't see the images either.

No, we were not involved in this release which is unfortunate as we hold a wealth of material on this film.

SADIE had a wide release in 3-D for Christmas/New Year's, 1953.
What would be the normal process for them obtaining material from you? Is it licensing material to be included as extras? I'm guessing at this point it's too late but is TT aware of the material?

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
I am so glad about Miss Sadie Thompson. I also hope it has the stereo track. Still hoping for Man of La Mancha. I am just getting over the excitement of watching Exodus, Alexander the Great and Anastasia. Wow what a shipment that was!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
SADIE is historically significant as the first Hollywood production recorded in magnetic stereophonic sound on location. The dialogue was recorded in two-track with dual microphones and the music was recorded on Columbia's scoring stage in three-channel.

Sadly, those tracks do not survive.

I am so glad about Miss Sadie Thompson. I also hope it has the stereo track. Still hoping for Man of La Mancha. I am just getting over the excitement of watching Exodus, Alexander the Great and Anastasia. Wow what a shipment that was!

Bob said earlier that it will not be in stereo sound.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I hope TT isn't backing away from the MGM/UA Truffaut titles...SMALL CHANGE, THE WILD CHILD, etc. If you have had low sales for, say, THE STORY OF ADELE H, please don't let that discourage you from giving us other, almost certainly more popular titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks