What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time January 2018 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these January Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

HUSBANDS & WIVES (1992) BLU-RAY - January 23rd

BOB & CAROL & TED & ALICE (1969) BLU-RAY - January 23rd

MY COUSIN RACHEL (1952) BLU-RAY - January 23rd

DRAGONWYCK (1946) BLU-RAY - January 23rd

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I can't thank Twilight Time enough for My Cousin Rachel! I treasure the DVD edition they released, and I'm certain that the Blu-ray, based on the recent 4K scan, will be gorgeous. I was fortunate enough to meet Miss de Havilland in Paris a few years back, and she was delighted when I told her that My Cousin Rachel is a favourite of mine.

I'll also be purchasing Dragonwyck as well.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Damn, what a roster! HUSBANDS AND WIVES is superlative Allen (I've always loved Sydney Pollack as an actor, and his calling his young girlfriend an "infant" just makes the film for me). DRAGONWYCK is a film I've never seen, which is odd, but I certainly look forward to it. MY COUSIN RACHEL was a now-sold-out TT DVD that I bought and really like. I'll be more than happy to upgrade. B&C&T&A is one of those films I saw as a teenager when I saw damn near every movie that hit the local theaters. I recall thinking it was much ado about nothing; but, then, I was interested in any sex in movies at the time which many of the era gave us in spades, and was hoping to get a glimpse of Natalie Wood nude, but no such luck. Plus there was something about the ending that didn't work for me (can't remember what -- haven't seen it since '69). I'm thinking there is more going on in the film than what met this teenager's eye, so I'll probably pick it up also. Four for four. Amazing, and many thanks to TT!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can't thank Twilight Time enough for My Cousin Rachel! I treasure the DVD edition they released, and I'm certain that the Blu-ray, based on the recent 4K scan, will be gorgeous. I was fortunate enough to meet Miss de Havilland in Paris a few years back, and she was delighted when I told her that My Cousin Rachel is a favourite of mine.

I'll also be purchasing Dragonwyck as well.
Twilight Time might have released it anyway on Blu-ray, but the remake from this year might help some sales.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Twilight Time is a godsend for Woody Allen fans. It's too bad, I'm not one of them.:) His films just never appeal to me. I will be buying those other three titles.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I love most classic films but never got into Woody Allen's repertoire. Just doesn't do anything for me. TT is doing a stand up job for his fans though.

The other three releases seem interesting though.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I worked at a theater when BOB AND TED AND CAROL AND ALICE had its premiere engagement in San Diego. The lines were so long and the 1000 seat theater was sold out for weeks. The gales of laughter from the audience was so infectious. I must have seen it 200 times and never tired of watching it. The scenes with Elliott Gould and Dyan Cannon are still extraordinarily funny. The film itself, a time capsule from the 60's. I am thrilled it's finally coming on Blu Ray. Thank you TT.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
All four for me in January. There are no MGM/United Artists titles this month. I hope that doesn’t mean their agreement is up.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well I’m a Woodymaniac, so I’m in for all four!

To be fair I have only watched about 6 of his movies(including the critically acclaimed Annie Hall) and they didn't work for me. Maybe one of his others would (out of 50+ titles?). For those of you that really like Woody Allen films, you must be thrilled to own them. I'm happy for you.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Love Woody's more popular movies such as Annie Hall, Love and Death, Sleeper, Hannah and her Sisters, Bananas, Radio Days, The Purple Rose of Cairo , and Play it Again, Sam (blu ray please Olive) . He didn't direct Play It Again, Sam but wrote it. Imagine being able to have seen Woody Allen and Diane Keaton on stage in the original Broadway version .

Play-It-Again-Sam-02-69-1.jpg

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Excellent offerings.
Well, I may be short of money come January 1st;
but thanks to TT, I'll never be short of choices.:)

Last edited:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
All four for me in January. There are no MGM/United Artists titles this month. I hope that doesn’t mean their agreement is up.

I kind of hope Twilight Time is concentrating more on 20th Century Fox and Columbia/TriStar. The MGM/UA catalog is overly represented with Kino, Criterion, Olive, Arrow and Shout Factory also licensing titles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks