What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time December 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The L-shaped Room (a searing performance from a remarkable Leslie Caron, nominated for Best Actress for this perfomance, arguably her best).
Wuthering Heights (the most convincing Cathy in an English language version, and a great antidote to the bland Oberon).
Forever Amber (General release version; Filmstruck has been showing a spectacular-looking print. Prepare to be amazed.)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I hated the obvious obnoxious The Hospital but then I disliked Network too. Shallow satire masquerading as something witty and profound is not my cup of tea.

Glad to hear you hold them in such high regard! ;)

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The Hospital and Forever Amber . I thought Scott was excellent in the Hospital . And Diana Rigg in her post Avengers mode . I'm in for both .

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Will probably get The 1970 AIP version of Wuthering Heights. Always wanted to see it. Nothing else for me this month.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I'm still hoping for another epic before too long. I have to admit I don't see anything that really strikes me as a must have this month. Pretty unusual for me.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Wuthering Heights (1970) is a must have. Usually AIP pictures played the Drive-Ins, but this was at the downtown Paramount. Our Jr High English class did a field trip to see it one afternoon. I was very impressed by the cinematography. I know it will be will presented from Twilight Time.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
4 out of 5 for me! The exception for me is Hospital, which has good performances but yes, obnoxious is a good word for it. Even in that era it was just too much which resulted in footage being deleted (SPOILER ahead) of cops fighting other cops in the riot sequence.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
General release of Forever Amber. Fox changed most of that a long time ago.
The original release has music only no the opening credits. the general release has a narrator on top of it.
Fox has the soundtrack only of the orginal longer finale. Unless that has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks