What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time December 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these December Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

WUTHERING HEIGHTS (1970) BLU-RAY - Dec 19th

THE HOSPITAL (1971) BLU-RAY - Dec 19th

ALICE (1990) BLU-RAY - Dec 19th

FOREVER AMBER (1947) BLU-RAY - Dec 19th

THE L-SHAPED ROOM (1962) BLU-RAY - Dec 19th

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
WOW FANTASTIC LINE UP!! Forever Amber...which version? ( Should look spectacular!)
The L Shaped Room and The Hospital ! Thank you TT!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
WOW FANTASTIC LINE UP!! Forever Amber...which version? ( Should look spectacular!) . . .Thank you TT!

Might look spectacular if Fox have performed some kind of miracle. They have performed miracles in the past, magically producing high quality results from 3rd, 4th, 5th generation elements, discs like Drums Along The Mohawk being the evidence. Can Fox do it again with Forever Amber? I hope so. Linda Darnell is one of my all time favorite movie stars.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Might look spectacular if Fox have performed some kind of miracle. They have performed miracles in the past, magically producing high quality results from 3rd, 4th, 5th generation elements, discs like Guns Along The Mohawk being the evidence. Can Fox do it again with Forever Amber? I hope so. Linda Darnell is one of my all time favorite movie stars.
You mean Drums Along the Mohawk.:)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm definitely in for Forever Amber. I'm not familiar with The Hospital, I just watched the trailer and I just might go for a blind buy. There's another version of Wuthering Heights I would have been over the moon for, but alas it resides with the Warner people.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
You mean Drums Along the Mohawk.:)

Guns Along the Mohawk was the sequel. Followed by the third film Runs Along the Mohawk which starred Bruce Dern and then a pair of prequels Which way to the Mohawk? and Are we on the Mohawk? which were both based on abandoned Hope and Crosby pictures.

Excellent films the lot.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I am very happy about The Hospital. George Scott is excellent and a great script from Paddy Chayefsky. What more could you ask?

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'm in for Forever Amber! I've never seen that adaptation of Wuthering Heights, but I love the book so I might have to pick that up as well. Thanks, Twilight Time. :)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm in for Forever Amber as well, and I'll blind-buy The Hospital. Paddy Chayefsky, and George C. Scott? sold!

The Hospital plays sort of like a warm-up for Network although obviously set in the healthcare industry. Many similar elements though. Great monologues delivered by excellent actors. A middle aged man in somewhat of a crisis in his life, both work related and personal, while he has an affair with a younger woman he meets that has much different beliefs and values than he does all set in a rather crazed environment. I think if people enjoy Network they should, if they have not already, check out The Hospital.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm certainly all-in for THE HOSPITAL which, like Chayefski's other masterpiece NETWORK, is satirical and funny almost in the same moments when it is cautionary and depressing. I think the events of both films have more or less become reality since their theatrical releases.

WUTHERING HEIGHTS hasn't the star power of the 1939 classic, but it features extraordinarily atmospheric visuals as well as one of my favorite film scores ever (by Michel Legrand), which is about as evocative as they come.

I'll pick up ALICE also.

Nice picks, TT...once again more exciting (for me) than the recent Criterion announcements.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Thrilled over Forever Amber! I thought it would never happen! I'm sure it will be up to TT's standards but whatever we get, it's got to be better than what's out there now (the Fox MOD, Spanish DVD etc.) As for the rest, I'm content with my Wuthering Heights (what a gorgeous Michel Legrand score!), Alice and L Shaped Room DVDs. I hated the obvious obnoxious The Hospital but then I disliked Network too. Shallow satire masquerading as something witty and profound is not my cup of tea.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks. TT! Alice is an entertaining film and features Keye Luke's final role and a quite memorable one at that. I've never seen the Hospital but given the enthusiasm here for it plus Diana Rigg, it should be a safe blend buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks